Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Scriptfest XIV : Holidayfest : Bill Sarre's (aka Reef Dreamer) : Project Me
    Project Me

Logline ...so far...

During the Christmas party of a self help group, a maverick Priest and a younger colleague dispute the meaning of those in need, and just what you should do with them.

Script link

got it to work, at last

Warning - some may find the contents of this script somewhat politically incorrect. whoopee.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32393279/Project Me.pdf
    Last edited by Reef dreamer; 12-15-2012 at 09:36 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Are you the priest, the colleague, the self-help group or the one in need? Some schizo combination?

Sounds interesting.

3. Collapse Details
    My link is now up after a few different methods

will start reading the others tomorrow.

best of luck
    Last edited by Reef dreamer; 12-15-2012 at 09:36 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Bill, this is so funny!
    I'm going to read it again and say more about it.

5. Collapse Details
    Agree, that was funny. A perfect summation of the season. Nothing really to offer in criticism. I guess I would have liked to see a little more of the NARCs but that's really something for the director and actor's to flesh out. This would be fun to make and fun to watch. Father Stephen was a great character.

6. Collapse Details
    Bill, you need to look up Superstar. First of, it's in the same genre and there's this character who plays Father Mckiney:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571897/
    the actor's perfect for yours. But he's a big star.

This is indeed very funny. One thing to consider is to place the NARCS from mild to worst. Like, I'd think that fatso would be one of the latest Father Kevin should see. It's shocks to hear Father Stephen (or any father)say fatso. Vain should definitely precede the Fatso. Then at the end, I'd expect somthing expressively shocking from Father Stephens. Right now, the end is a bit quiet for me.

Very funny! And great dialog.
    Last edited by KhamIsk; 12-17-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: clarity

7. Collapse Details
    Super clean writing. Definitely had some funny in there.
    My only suggestion is to really delve into that character trate thing and trick out your guys. Since it's not really plot driven, you could amp up the interest in the characters themselvs. That's not to say it's without plot. I dug the gift idea. I thought there was a gun in the present.

I think the end has a zinger that I missed. I'll go back and read it. I like that he essentially rigged it so he got a bottle of hooch. That's cool.
    Maybe you could expand it a little so the end has more weight.

1 From a drawER < typo

1 Clean first page. Formatting and you've got me wondering... I mean, anytime I see a priest with anything tubular... just saying.

2 Ha ha ha "Those who smell"

5 Keeping waiting... < Do you mean 'Keep waiting..."?
    SCRIPTFEST VII TOP 3 | THE MELT | WEBSITE | IMDB | EMAIL
    Wordsmith & Graphic Designer. Will work for credit, coffee and money.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks everyone. Comedy is a subjective thing and inevitably it doesn't work for someone so glad to hear you all got something out of it

.Khamanna - fatso was the one character bothering me. Changing the order is a swell idea and will help. Thanks. I hadn't heard of superstar but I can see the connection. I think the way I have written this means it wouldn't last a feature, too intense, but it was fun to do.

Egg - thanks for the kind words. You are right it is always difficult with restriction to know where to focus. I think any director could work nicely on the characters, their afflictions and ticks, which I didn't map out

.Anthony - yup you are right the plot is thin, it's more of a sketch than story, but having said that, with a little more time and an extra page or two, it can be fleshed out. I quite like "book ending" scripts, so even if they are a little light on depth they have a connection that ties it all together.

Cheers folks.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Reef dreamer View Post

.Khamanna - fatso was the one character bothering me. Changing the order is a swell idea and will help. Thanks. I hadn't heard of superstar but I can see the connection. I think the way I have written this means it wouldn't last a feature, too intense, but it was fun to do.
    I'm not saying make it a feature. He's not the main character in the movie. But I was visualizing him when read your short.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KhamIsk View Post
    I'm not saying make it a feature. He's not the main character in the movie. But I was visualizing him when read your short.
    Don't worry, that is exactly what I thought you were saying, i merely added an extra thought of mine that its not the kind of script I would want to flesh out. Sort of thinking out loud. Thanks for the comments. Cheers bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast