Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH3 vs GH2 comparison and review
    I hope this helps to clarify some questions people may be having about the GH3. I will be updating the blog soon as I have a chance to shoot more test footage.

www.noamkroll.com

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks dude!

3. Collapse Details
    Nice informative write up and videos on the GH3 and GH2.

I'm still deciding whether to go GH3 and wait a bit for the Blackmagic, or jump into Blackmagic waters earlier.

It is nice to see that I will be able to use my GH2 alongside the GH3 though. The biggest visual difference seemed to be the colors looked a bit different on the GH3 vs the GH2. A little cleaner and more clinical, but clearer too on the GH3. It seems like an easy enough color correction tweak to match them up in post though.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the write up and confirming what others have noted about the Panasonic lens exhibiting more moire than other lenses. Should calm some of the concern about that issue. Cool review...all things considered, for my budget... the GH2 appears to be a steal at this point in time.

5. Collapse Details
    Keep in mind people, that nobody has done any color side by sides to see if the Gh3 has more chroma info. Actually, I'd love if Barry big daddy G. could get his hands on this camera for a week or so.

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Good read, but I disagree on people picking up 2 GH2 instead of one GH3. With that thinking I can pick up 3 GH1's then...... Truth is while you covered many things you forgot to mention the time lapse feature. Also how about the better photography camera it is?

I mean if you say iso 1600 is as clean as iso 800 and even then the GH3 has beautiful fine grain then how in the world can you recommend 2 GH2's over 1 GH3?

Thanks for the write up and everything you said placed the GH3 well over the top and worth the price of admission. I will be listing my GH2 for sale as soon as my GH3 comes in, if anyone is interested let me know. It is less than 3months old bought brand new from Amazon.

7. Collapse Details
    Great review. Sober analyses. Actually video frame rates, the codec, form factor and the not too bright LCD have been my main issue with the GH2. To have a camera that can go out in weather - and I will be a happy shooter. Hope mine arrives soon.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the review.

I'll be keeping my GH2. I'd rather jump for the BMCC or it's successor. The changes to the GH3 are mostly in the 'packaging', not the image itself.
    I wanted tons more DR - so I'll still be keeping my eye on GH3 news to find out the exact improvement.

9. Collapse Details
    thanks noam! great review. just picked up a GH3 yet had always wondered about the GH2, id skipped it for a 5D2 after my GH1.
    CURRENT CAMERAS: Panasonic GH3, Canon 5D Mark II, Olympus OM1n, OM2n & OM10, Olympus 35 RD, Konica C35V, Nikon EM.

10. Collapse Details
    Hi Noam,

Really nice review. Very thorough and well written. Just one point about the ISO.

You can adjust the ISO in 1/3 EV increments in video. Confusingly you have to be in a photography mode on the dial (such as M) and select it from the Photo section of the menu options. It will then apply when you switch over to video. Little bit weird that one but it works. Only found that out when I tried to disable it after shooting and couldn't find the menu option, thought I'd gone mad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast