Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    C100: EVF Magnify works (if LCD is off)
    I've seen several persons, including here:
    http://www.pauljoy.com/2012/11/canon...t-impressions/
    mention that the Magnify/focus assist function on the C100 works on the LCD only, and not the EVF.

This is only partially true.

The EVF magnify does work if the LCD is off and in the closed position.

2. Collapse Details
    Well spotted! I'll update the post accordingly.

Paul.
    See my blog at www.pauljoy.com

3. Collapse Details
    This is something that doesn't make sense operationally. Why doesn't the C100 magnify in both the LCD and the viewfinder. I want to use the viewfinder for framing and focus, then glance down to the waveform when I need to. Does canon ever update this sort of thing in new firmware or do you think we are stuck with what we have?

Bob Wojda

4. Collapse Details
    I hear ya. That drove me crazy and I spent some time in the menu trying to figure out a setting I must have missed. Nope. Doesn't make sense. You can only hope firmware can fix this but it could be intentional. Does the C300 do this as well?
    FOR SALE - Sennheiser Evolution G2 Wireless

My Videos On Vimeo
    http://www.vimeo.com/eriknaso
    Twitter: ErikNaso
    Blog www.eriknaso.com
    Cams: C100, C300, GH4, A7s & anything else I can get my hands on.
    Lenses: More than my wife knows. ssshhh....

5. Collapse Details
    Does anyone know if Canon monitors this or other forums for these kind of possible upgrades/fixes? We've gotten used to beig able to give direct feedback from reduser.com and our Red camera. I have to say that our expectations are high and I'm sure other camera manufactures aren't to this level of service but I sincerely hope I'm wrong. The C100 fits some of our specific needs very well, I think some minor updates can make it so much better: magnification, timelapse, slomo, maybe a more useable still camera mode. They could have had a break through camera here instead it's just a good one. They need more feedback maybe.

Bob

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I could do without timelapse, my 60D is more than fine for that. I also don't mind EVF updates because, frankly, the C100's isn't going to be any more useful if you can do that. But if they gave us 720p60 or, hell, 1080p60, I would freakin' love that.

7. Collapse Details
    It's been almost a year now since the C300 shipped and other than some language additions there have been no improvements in firmware despite many many calls for things to be made better. I wouldn't hold your breath!
    See my blog at www.pauljoy.com

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jagstang View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath!
    Yeah, I don't have any misconceptions about what Canon will do with a firmware update.

9. Collapse Details
    That's disappointing but good to know. Too bad that some of these camera manufactures see their job being done once the camera ships. I'm liking the C100 for what it is but I'm sure I'll need to move on faster than I'd like to unless this camera grows with the times.

Bob

10. Collapse Details
    To be fair, Canon does release firmware updates to their still camera range. Though for example the 7D v2.0 firmware took 3 years to be released. On the one hand it's awesome they are supporting hardware 3 years after release with a range of new and improved features, but on the other hand if you were waiting for a major firmware update 3 years is a looooong time. Same with the forthcoming 5DIII firmware update that adds clean HDMI out, it's not scheduled for release until April, a full 6 months after announcement, which in todays market is forever. There will be another 10 camera announcements before it is released. So, based on previous form and considering the Cinema EOS range is their "flagship" video platform: you will get a firmware update, but don't wait for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast