1. Collapse Details
    SON OF THE GHOST FISHER - A Film by Jace Daniel
    Wink
    http://youtu.be/Ud7QpjFWiW4

check out the sequel to the film I made last halloween called "Ghost Fisher"
    3x as long, 3x as funny, 3x as goofy and 3x as exciting. All that I have learned in the last year of filming was put into this.
    Enjoy!

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    I got 3/4 the way through before it wouldn't play. I'm pretty sure the problem is at my end but I don't have time to troubleshoot right now. I'll come back to this and watch the rest tonight because I want to, based on what I've seen so far.

This was great! Loved the script. Loved the acting (especially Dad). You all struck the perfect note, somewhere between ham and drama, matched perfectly by the music. It hit all the right beats and I'm keen to see the end later on tonight. Effects were great. Loved the locations, especially the improvised ones (a cemetary consisting of one grave with two sticks tied together for a cross, your use of the pool table for a tarot table). You sold them really well, narrowed into their function so it doesn't matter that the viewer momentarily notices what you've done. That's something I always appreciate. It's not a flaw, it's a little treat.

The only negative criticism I can really offer and hesitate to do so is the camerawork and editing. I hesitate because a lot of it's really good in a lot of ways but there's just too much of both. A lot of those crazy camera moves are fantastic money shots (at least a dozen), but they get a little lost in the sea of camera moves. The dutch tilt is a little overused but in context, only a little. You need to contrast all those moves and angles with some more 'boring' shots in the same way as juxtaposing a sad scene and a happy scene increases the impact of both. A bit more of shots like the long two shots while they are interrogating 'Dad'. It was still an interesting shot and let me get settled which translated to a more powerful impact when the movement resumed following that scene.

The editing is a little bit ADD too, which does work in a lot of ways as both the camerawork and editing play to the score and the pacing is spot on. But with both aspects going nuts the sum effect overplays its hand a little. I think if either the camerawork was a little more settled the pace of the edit would work better. Or keep the constant movement but let the editing breathe. This is only a slight thing as I've said, because in the context of this piece a frantic style is well suited. Just need to back off a touch.

Well, that's all I've got in suggestions for future improvement. You guys really have it coming together and with each piece I see the standards raise and a sweet signature style solidifies (check that alliteration!). This is a fantastic little piece, you guys get better and better every time. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this one, and your future pieces.

P.S. is that mega army man I see behind the mega tarot deck?
    Last edited by Egg Born Son; 11-20-2012 at 01:14 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    awesome! the best parts are in the last act so your in for a treat. Camerawork wise, I was trying to go for a evil dead style. Its something different of which I appreciated and wanted to see if I could mimic it. I'd love to have a less shaky style… but alas, no steady cam :p. I just hate static shots sometimes, at least with poor equipment. If there is going to be no movement there needs to be twice as much information in a static shot then a regular shot. Once I get some decent equipment my films will look a heck of a lot better

as for mega army man…. yes that is indeed mega army man… ;)
    Last edited by JaceBrownlow; 11-20-2012 at 09:42 AM.