See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bruno View Post
    Below you will see the SpiderBrace I am using with the Panasonic AG AC-90
    I made a SpiderBrace just like that.

2. Collapse Details
    Below is a very short and unscientific test of the Focus, Stabilizer and Lowlight capabilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7Ea...ature=youtu.be
    Panasonic AG AC-130, Sony FDR-AX-100 4K,
    (Formely the Canon Xf-100 XF-300) SONY CX-150 GoPro HD-2 and Canon Hf S30.

3. Collapse Details
    Lou, go under "other" functions and scroll down to the time date and say yes. then go to "display" section of the menu and select time and date and it should pop up and have a red R with a square around it.

PS what little I did with the touch screen I am not a fan of it. the second your finger touches it--- something pops up. side note: not sure if there is a way to lock it so your touching won't do anything. Also I assume as much card reformatting I do it will be covered with fingerprints and what ever natural oils or junk what was on my hands at that time of touching. Touch screen does not seem like an ideal way to make a professional camera... seems more like a way to cut costs.
    Last edited by ELN614; 11-08-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    For Sale:
    JVC GY-HM700U 100 fan hours, perfect working condition $3500 plus shipping (USA sale only) PM me for pictures or more info.

4. Collapse Details
    The AC90 does not have time/date stamping into the footage, at all. Other AVCCAMs do, but the AC90 doesn't.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bruno View Post
    Below is a very short and unscientific test of the Focus, Stabilizer and Lowlight capabilities:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7Ea...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks for the interesting tests. You didnít say if the stabilization test was hand held or with your stabilizer. I am assuming it was hand held and if so it is almost a stabilizer look. If not it is hard to say because it seems you were trudging through the snow. I am concerned, but it may well be You Tube compression how there was I think pixelization or something (black stripes) of the trees and other objects when you were going by and also on the little figurines in the macro focus test. I am uploading my screen captures from the 1080p setting but they are being recompresed and not getting my point across. Its not motion blur because it should be softer not with the black lines. The stabilizer test at 12x was very solid. I would use that for production without question. Macro focus test was awesome. The DOF was very nice and surprising. Low light tests looked very good to me, blacks stayed black and very little noise. I am really surprised on the lack of grain at 30db lowlight. I am posting this on You Tube also.
    fvdshot-11.8.2012-7-42-33 PM.jpg

fvdshot-11.8.2012-7-43-41 PM.jpg

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    The AC90 does not have time/date stamping into the footage, at all. Other AVCCAMs do, but the AC90 doesn't.
    For Sale:
    JVC GY-HM700U 100 fan hours, perfect working condition $3500 plus shipping (USA sale only) PM me for pictures or more info.

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Lou

Thanks for the spiderbrace pic...how does the camera feel on your shoulder with the LCD far forward?? I'm sure it will sit a lot better and not be too front heavy like the 130 on a rig. I was a little worried that the handles might be too close to your body but it's an easy job to extend a DIY mount and have the handles a little more forward so your arms are not too cramped up. A rig will be a cinch for this camera and for those looking in this direction make sure you add handles...the LCD/loupe is way too flimsy to use as a hand hold so the handles are essential!! I found on the 130 that the LCD rotated downward with the weight of the loupe on the 130 ... does it sit pretty much where you leave it, to reduce weight on the LCD I scrapped the rubber extender on the Hoodman and replaced it with a foam board box..less weight on the LCD.

From your other pic it looks like you have a flycam sled under the camera there??? Is that a 5000? Is the camera weight enough for balance ?? I have a 5500 sled with 5500 arm and front mount vest but could always add top weight or leave the rig mounted to the camera.

It's nice at this stage to see everyone with positive results and no whines!! Anyone tried the audio level control as yet, I'm hoping that with the XLR's in auto it doesn't clip the audio signal at the top only like the 130/160.

Thanks to all the testers and their efforts .. Wow I think we need an AC-90 forum on it's own soon!!!

ELN614?? I think you can access all the menu fuctions with the remote?? That would be great as I hate touch screens...To be able to format cards/change record format via remote would be perfect and the LCD would stay clean!!

Chris

8. Collapse Details
    Yes...the picture quality took a "hit" during the upload process to YOU TUBE plus I made the UPLOAD file an AVI file for faster rendering which has something to do with it. This camera looks awesome at 0 db with outdoor light and hard to tell a difference between the quality of the AC-90 and my AC-130 at that point. As far as the stabilizer: I was walking in 6 inches of snow and even slipping at times while walking and the stabilizer held up fairly well. It can't replace my Glidecams but looks good for 'run and gun' applications. I was also amazed that the blacks remained black w/o that real grey and grainy electronic noise-albeit a soft picture due to the noise reduction I assume. Heck....30db Wow!!! Again, the focus is excellent, even with contrast-unlike my AC-130. The actual form factor of the camera makes it VERY easy to hold. As more people receive the camera, others will have to make their own evaluation for their specific application. This camera is somewhere between a consumer camera and a lower-end Prosumer camera in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by steve4505 View Post
    Thanks for the interesting tests. You didn’t say if the stabilization test was hand held or with your stabilizer. I am assuming it was hand held and if so it is almost a stabilizer look. If not it is hard to say because it seems you were trudging through the snow. I am concerned, but it may well be You Tube compression how there was I think pixelization or something (black stripes) of the trees and other objects when you were going by and also on the little figurines in the macro focus test. I am uploading my screen captures from the 1080p setting but they are being recompresed and not getting my point across. Its not motion blur because it should be softer not with the black lines. The stabilizer test at 12x was very solid. I would use that for production without question. Macro focus test was awesome. The DOF was very nice and surprising. Low light tests looked very good to me, blacks stayed black and very little noise. I am really surprised on the lack of grain at 30db lowlight. I am posting this on You Tube also.
    fvdshot-11.8.2012-7-42-33 PM.jpg

fvdshot-11.8.2012-7-43-41 PM.jpg

9. Collapse Details
    The camera sits on my Spiderbrace( pictured) like a glove. I actually have another Spiderbrace w/o the dual handle and the camera sits good. The camera is very balanced by virtue of the weight and size. The camera does not push forward or fatigue the arms when using the brace and the Hoodman LCD magnifier fits snug, right to the eye. I balanced the camera on my HD4000 Glidecam but I am going BACK to the SONY G-10 on the Glidecam as I don't want to wear the arm brace, which I would need with any heavier camera. But at least , I now have the capability of using this camera on my Glidecam as my Ac-130 IS MUCH TOO HEAVY for me to use w/o a full-blown vest. Another good feature of the camera is the Intelligent Auto which will work well for SteadyCam type rigs. I do recommend a wide angle which has not been released as of yet.

Another CAUTION: DO NOT over-tighten any filters placed over the lens. The hood does not come off thus the user can not use the PALM method to untighten a stuck filter. Luckily, I was able to loosen my protective filter. I just purchased different ND filters as well.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHarding View Post
    Wow I think we need an AC-90 forum on it's own soon!!!Chris
    Yeah I agree. I am bouncing between forums, because there are threads in at least 2 locations.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast