Spoiler: click this
    Spoiler: go here
    Spoiler: open
    WINNER!
    ...winner...
    winner...

3. Collapse Details
    Meh.

Just kidding. This rocked start to finish. Beautiful fx, as fx ought to be used. I even watched it without the sound and the story still held together.

Great film.

a

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    A short where the creativity is truly ENHANCED by the CGI, rather than REPLACED by it. For a lot of these types of things, it seems to be "enough" just to have the cool FX. This uses the FX to tell a story. The FX as a TOOL, not the POINT.

Massively creative. Now, if you don't mind . . . what IS "low-budget," really?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Matt... you really have to learn to express yourself, I mean holding it all in like this is just not a good thing.

I've watched this repeatly and can't get enough of it! SO well done...true professionals....top-notch production...and on a budget no less.
    I too would like to know what the 'real' budget would be (including your hourly rate as a VFX artist)?
    Thanks guys for the nice words. ok heres the entire breakdown
    Actors: $500-700 i forget
    Costumes: $3000 (every costume was hand made, we could have rented these for much cheaper, but we refused to have anything we didnt design in the film)
    Set Construction: $2500 for materials
    Wolf (was real, wolfmountain sanctuary donation) $100
    Pizza for crew: $120
    Home Depot plants $40
    fog machine $40
    All the lights were purchased as broken lights off craigs list, and were fixed by me. So i had an arsenal of mole richardsons, minimoles, 4 500s, 4 1ks, 1 2k for under $1,000
    times police came knocking over neighbor complaints: 5
    times police posed for photographs in front of my han solo in carbonite lifesize figure: 4

We figured had we charged our VFX rate this would be far from low budget, but thats irrelevant because we dont charge ourselves
    we took advantage of the strengths we had to offer and tried to make something different and lighthearted instead of something dark and sci fi which is what is needed if u wanna get plugged on a lot of the big sites. (io9, slashfilm etc)
    we busted our ass on this, it was very very hard work to do since it was all done after hours. we have since left our jobs at Digital Domain to focus on this fulltime. Luckily for me This project got me representation at Spy Films..so the insane risk paid off.

were very glad you all liked it.sincerly we were very nervous to show it.. cheers
    M&T

PS some good info on the project:
    http://nofilmschool.com/2012/10/no-b...lloween-treat/

some info on the VFX work
    http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/10/31...-ruby-pumpkin/

Thanks MattinSTL, thats one of the nicest comments weve gotten. cheers again!

5. Collapse Details
    Incredible, incredible work. The love you have for this project really paid off, it shows. The fact you made all your own costumes because you wanted your own designs is awesome! If you guys ever want VFX help on future personal projects shoot me an e-mail.

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the detailed breakdown. Can you share how long the process took (especially post-production)?

7. Collapse Details
    Impossible to know since it was done on off hours, there was times we didnt work on it for months at a time since we were stuck doing 14 hour days at Digital Domain

8. Collapse Details
    Hands down THE best piece I've seen on DVXUser! :]

9. Collapse Details
    Uh.... I'm speechless.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
    Actor
    Musician
    Filmmaker

10. Collapse Details
    this could be one of the best things I have seen come from a user on this site. It really pays to know your CG!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123