Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    We've got a month (Halloween is close)
    Anyone up for a Halloween mini-fest? I don't know what's happened to the dvx fest turnouts as of late, but I think the tradition here of Halloween-themed fests shouldn't die quite yet!

Personally, I think prizes are great, but the fun of finishing a short film and having a little geek fest on this site is the real incentive. The days of impressive grand prizes are long gone, but that doesn't mean participating just to cross a finish line or to place in the top 3 via peer voting isn't worth it anymore.

I don't have much of a clue on how to organize something like this, but it seems like there are enough smart people around these parts that it can get done.
    Last edited by Elton; 09-28-2012 at 04:45 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I think this is a great idea Elton! i would be up for making a short horror film fast and easy. we don't need 4 months and we don't need prizes, we just need a mod to upload our entries and tally the votes and declare the winners, like last year's x-mas fest.

Anyone else interested in making horror shorts for Halloween?
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    I mean, you know the portland guys are gonna enter, they could start a fest with just themselves!

Anybody else?
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

5. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Harris View Post
    I mean, you know the portland guys are gonna enter, they could start a fest with just themselves!

Anybody else?
    If I have time, sure.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

6. Collapse Details
    Maybe it's redundant, but my hat is definitely in the ring. Like the sound of "Full Moon Fest", Matt. We got roughly one phase to make it happen.

7. Collapse Details
    If I have time, I'm definitely down!

There's a local (to me) festival called "Full Moon Film Festival," actually. I don't see any harm in using the same name on a 'forum' fest, however.

Edit: Upon a Google search, I have found that there are two local "Full Moon" festivals. Ha!
    Set Lighting Technician
    IATSE Local 492

8. Collapse Details
    Well I got a team ready to shoot this weekend. So someone put up some quick and easy rules.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm in! I'm working on The Pigman from the Lake!

75767_192575180876679_1399641976_n.jpg

You can check out the FB fan page here!

10. Collapse Details
    It's amazing how fast things have changed in the last three years. The interweb is flooded with terrible films and want to be Dp's. seems anyone that owns a dslr is a dp these days. I honestly think people have lost interest in watching films as they did just a few years ago, and the reason I say this is because people have short attention spans these days, people are tired of watching crap. So when new unproven filmmakers post vids, people don't even bother clicking on the link just because chances are it will suck. Thats not so much the case with this site, but I have noticed a huge decline in people giving feedback or even watching films around here compared to a few years ago. I'm sorry to rant, or take your thread off topic, but it is kind of sad to watch this transformation.

I think its a great idea, I can try to get something together.

maybe with the short amount of time, limit the film length to three minutes or something like that. and apply a no zombie rule Zombie films are a bit tired now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast