Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Congrats to Eggy and Russell for making the top three. And of course, everyone who entered and made this another great fest.
    Thanks to our host Chris Keaton for giving us a place to meet, learn, and grow.

As for the next fest...since this is an election year, I would like to cast my vote for Prez-fest. You may choose any genre, but your main protagonist must be a President of the United States (living or dead).

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Moore View Post
    GodardFest....hmm...I have to admit I'm not very familiar with his work (though I probably should be), but...girls, guns, sex and death? How could we go wrong?
    The title references his famous quote rather than his movies, to paraphrase: "Give me a girl and gun and I'll make you a movie". I always took the truth of this statement as representing the two most primal tensions (the third being food, but much harder to convey through the medium of film).

Quote Originally Posted by dtroop506 View Post

As for the next fest...since this is an election year, I would like to cast my vote for Prez-fest. You may choose any genre, but your main protagonist must be a President of the United States (living or dead).
    I do like the idea but for especially for those of us who are international it could present some issues. Some americans can be precious about the presidents (although I'm sure the writers have cooler heads) and besides, historically I only know of Lincoln and Washington. Plus a couple of others such as Franklin who I knew of first as a scientist with the trivia being he was also a president. I don't really know much about their history but do know a couple had cool beards.

Plus it could get political. I mean the obvious for a recent president is either the lionisation or demonisation of a president depending on your own politics. The last few have been particularly polarising and some of the rhetoric around them is literally insane on both sides. An alternate universe would be cool (make Lincoln Vampire Hunter the film it should have been) plus wouldn't everyone pick Abe anyway because he has one of the coolest beards in history? Opening it up to or changing it to a future president could present some interesting avenues to explore and distance some of the issues I mention.

3. Collapse Details
    Haha, I can see US Presidents being a problem. Ben Franklin was never president.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

4. Collapse Details
    I know nossing!

I wonder who I was thinking of then? Bell? I'm sure it was someone involved with pre-electric fundamentals... it was at least Franklin with the kite/key/lightning combo wasn't it? Or have I even got that wrong? Argh, I thought I had a few years left before age addled my brain, I'm only halfway to the finish line, it's gotta carry me another 30 years or so yet! So it looks like my president would have been made up even if I was trying to be historically accurate, ha!

S'pose I could search for a list of presidents but I think I can get by in ignorance this time

5. Collapse Details
    Look everyone knows that Lincoln fought vampires. Everyone knows that Van Buren was the first President born a US citizen, but what people don't know is that he fought zombie space aliens to save Washington.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot, Chris.
    I was so looking foreward to reading Eggy's script about President Ben Franklin and Vice President Thomas Edison and their time machine.

7. Collapse Details
    Don't forget Secretary of State Nikolai Tesla subplot and the electro-mechanical buffalo stampede...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Born Son View Post
    I know nossing!

I wonder who I was thinking of then? Bell? I'm sure it was someone involved with pre-electric fundamentals...
    Jefferson maybe? I think he was more of a Renaissance man, though, but definately a pre-electric dude. Course, could be cool to re-shuffle who actually was president, and see if history can be rewritten. Nah, too much thinking.

How about Cool Beard fest, with extra points for chicks with beards.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alex whitmer View Post
    Nah, too much thinking.
    And quite the challenge in 6 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by alex whitmer View Post
    How about Cool Beard fest, with extra points for chicks with beards.
    Inspiration here: http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

And here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBeardsAustralia

With such great songs as "If your Dad doesn't have a beard you've got two mums", "You should consider having sex with a man with a beard" and "Beards don't kill people, people with beards kill people".

They are hilarious and a credible band, unusual for a novelty act. At their shows everyone has a beard, including the women!

10. Collapse Details
    Just wondered how often are the script fests?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast