1. Collapse Details
    Mixing Footage from 100a and HMC150
    I have a shoot Friday where I'm going to be using a 100a and an HMC150. I want to make sure that I set-up both cameras such that I can use all the footage in the same FCP timeline without problems (I have experience with the 100a, none with the HMC 150). I'm thinking shoot 16:9 on the 150 and squeeze on the 100a to get the proper aspect ratio, and would like to shoot 24pa on the 100a but am not sure how to set-up the 150 to match that. Any tips in terms of choosing frame rate and also scene file, if there is one that will be relatively consistent between the two cameras, or any other potential post pitfalls I can avoid by setting up the cameras properly. Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    You can definitely shoot 24p on the HMC150; I'd probably vote for 720/24p. As for settings, all the same menu settings are there, but don't just set them all the same because they don't necessarily deliver the same image. You're going to have to plug both cameras into a monitor and switch back and forth and adjust the settings to get them as close as you can.

3. Collapse Details
    Great, thank you. Shooting 24pa on the 100a, will there be any issues mixing that footage with the pulldown removed and the 24p footage from the 150?

4. Collapse Details
    That's an FCP question; I know that on Vegas and Premiere and EDIUS there would be zero complications. I don't know what the situation is for FCP.

5. Collapse Details
    Great, thanks for the help Barry!