1. Collapse Details
    Importing a Premiere timeline or project into Photoshop?
    Hi fellas,

Is it possible to import a Premiere timeline or project into Photoshop? IŽd like to use some color correction plugins I have on Photoshop on my videos.

2. Collapse Details
    Might be easiest to do it in the opposite direction.

When you work on video in PS, it creates a "layer" with all of the adjustments.

You can import the video into Premiere, or you can import just the "Layer." Use that as an Adjustment Layer in Premiere and you are all set - You have just imported all of the grading, sharpening etc.

I am sure there are other ways to do it. That is what I have done in CS6. I think the process might have changed from CS 5.5 to Cs6?

Are you in CS6?

I know you can also do much more extensive masking and cahanges in PS for video. I know LaForet cloned out some of the graffitti on teh rock in "Mobius" (is that the desert one?) Details on his site. That was probably prior to CS6 too.

I am sure others with more experience will chime in too. Falling asleep here!

Best,
    Michael

3. Collapse Details
    Photoshop handles video just fine, but there's no way that I know of to work on a Premiere project in Photoshop.

As unadog suggested, you can work on any video in PS, then import the PSD file into Premiere. Or, you can export your video from PPro and then tweak it in PS.

Jim

4. Collapse Details
    I have to ask, what plugin in photoshop do you have that you feel is necessary color correcting with photoshop?
    Dennis Hingsberg

5. Collapse Details
    For me, Photoshop has the target adjustment tool (within curves) that greatly facilitates color correction and color grading. Plus the ability to save and load curves. (Never quite understood why that isn't included in AE.) You can also work on video in LAB color space within Photoshop, if you need some really strong color work.

Jim