Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Finally got out to shoot with the Lumix G X 12-35
    Very cool lens and so light. It really is nice to work with. I still haven't edited the samples together yet but posted some frame grabs on my blog.

http://eriknaso.com/2012/08/27/testi...vario-12-35mm/

Editing a short sample this week with F-stop and focal range info so you get an idea how the lens performs. Overall I'm impressed. I had a couple issues with focus indoors and was a little worried but no issues at all with this shoot outdoors even wide open at F2.8 at 12mm.

Here is the video. I wanted to spend more time shooting but I 've been so busy this week. I used all but two shots in this edit. I graded the footage with Colorist II. Nothing major just a little curve, and saturation tweaks. Color balance wasn't changed. No sharping or other filters was used in the edit.

I like this lens! It's the perfect size for the camera. I wish I had this a year ago.

Lumix 12-25 frame grabs.jpg

succulent-tight-en.jpg

Mission-Bell-EN.jpg

Both of these are ungraded frame grabs saved for web in Photoshop.
    Last edited by Erik Naso; 08-30-2012 at 12:14 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    Nice. How loud/quiet is this zoom?

3. Collapse Details
    Non issue. I wasn't really doing any zooming while I was rolling but still didn't hear anything load. Good thing is it's parfocal!
    Last edited by Erik Naso; 08-29-2012 at 01:09 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    I shoot last week some talking heads with the 12-35. Loved it! Push auto focus was great. Nice color and great sharpness (for the af100 anyway). I would like to see the 35-100 though! With these two lenses you could lighten up the bag considerably.

12-35 frame G with a 3 minute setup talking head. Shot 15 people that day and drove 250 miles to do it:frame grab 12-35.jpg
    I shot that image taped to the wall on the left and how I make most my $'s

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    That looks really good. Wide open? His face is sharp and his chest falls off nicely out of focus.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    That looks really good. Wide open? His face is sharp and his chest falls off nicely out of focus.
    Wide open at 2.8. But there is a vignette on this grab with soft corners applied. Honestly, to get the narrow DOF we will need the 35-100. But with all the announcements going on lately on cams, my AF100 days might soon be over. I love the cam and made my money back no problem, but I'm eyeing other options...

7. Collapse Details
    Been hearing that a lot lately.

8. Collapse Details
    Luckily good cameras don't stop working when marginally better, far more expensive models are introduced.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    Been hearing that a lot lately.
    I wouldn't sell it because I think it's a bad camera. I'd like more than 10.5 stops DR mostly. I'd sell because with any of the new announcements would get used and the AF100 would sit. I'd rather it be in the hands of someone that would use it if I replaced with say the C100, FS700. I'm GONNA buy the Black magic cam. But that is a totally different beast than the before mentioned. I love my AF100. It's just time to have some more range...

10. Collapse Details
    I hear ya. I didn't take it that way.
    For me I really like the GH2 for stills and occasional video so the MFT format will live on for me even if I choose to move to another video camera. In fact If I didn't have the AF-100 I would still buy this lens and will buy the 35-100 for this reason. The portability of the GH2 and the 12-35 is fantastic. Thats why I did and will invest in these new fast higher quality Lumix lenses. I'm looking forward to a GH2 upgrade more so than the AF-100. But if the updated AF is good then that makes it even better. Double winner!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast