Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Barry: I think that this thread would actually make a good Sticky subject for this forum.

The issue of how to import AVCHD correctly has come up before, and no doubt will again.
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

2. Collapse Details
    Well, Panasonic has done everyone a favor, and has developed a number of updated AC130/AC160 import guides for importing clips into various NLE's, and organized them all on a single web page for easy reference.

New guides that they have created are for Premiere Pro CS 6, Apple Final Cut Pro X (10.0.5), and Grass Valley EDIUS 6.51.

You can see these, as well as all of the other import guides for the AC130 and AC160, here on this web page:

http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/sales.../AG-AC160.html

Do check it out!
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

3. Collapse Details
    [update 2016_02_16]

The protocol detailed below does NOT work.

I found evidence of loss of audio between files, so I need to re-record the entire presentation tomorrow and follow Barry's import protocol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure I can help - I have a 160A and I have the audio set to LPCM, plus I have Sony Vegas Pro 12 - lots of variables. .

I take out an SD card, plug it into the computer using a USB reader, go to Windows Explorer, see the drive, and copy the entire content to a new directory.

From there, I start up Vegas and simply Import all of the .mts files that show up under Stream, from the new directory.

From the Project Viewer, I drag the files, in order (you can probably tag all of them and drag all of them at the same time), to my video track timeline, expand the view, make sure the files butt up against each other (no overlap, no gap between).

I have never used Device Explorer. Will try it out to see if I can get it to lose video/audio.

I mostly do stage musical events so if there would be even one note missing in a recording, we would know it.

[update. . .

well, we obviously did not "know it" so the conclusion is we have not been checking the recordings and the people who have requested these archives have not played them or don't care]
    Last edited by kwkeirstead; 03-16-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: correcttion

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345