Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I'll reformat the cards in AVCHD mode and see if that is it. I don't remember if I originally formatted them in SD mode or not. I was using both slots in simultaneous record and both cards had the dropped audio. I have a practice that I have to attend this weekend so I'll try some shots there and post the results here. I really appreciate all the assistance I've been getting as I'm new to the AVCHD world. I had none of these problems the last few years with a couple of GL-2's. This AG-AC10A does have a tremendous picture. Would it be worth the money to purchase one of the Ninja 2 recorders to use with the unit or would it be overkill?

2. Collapse Details
    I don't have my 130's any longer but I did use them for 80 odd hours each! (They just didn't suit my wedding style of shooting solo..but they are awesome cameras) I definately noticed the end of the first split clip had a blank section at the end regardless of whether I just copied the stream file only OR did it the correct way as Barry told me to....Apart from the trimming (which the HMC cameras don't create), the join up was definately seamless and I had no issues.

Definately reformat in AVCHD mode and test again....you might still get about 1/2 second of blank audio and video BUT you shouldn't lose any data at all...I never did!!

We await your results with bated breath!! If it's still missing maybe it needs a trip to the Panny Hospital under warranty??

Chris

3. Collapse Details
    Formatting should not matter depending on the mode that you are recording in. I cannot see that playing any role whatsoever here.

The only thing different that I see you doing from my own recording is that I have never tried using the simultaneous recording mode. That, plus the fact that I do my editing with Adobe Premiere. Since I realized the correct way to import with Premiere, I've never had any issues importing long clips. I've recorded as long as an hour and 40 minutes with no issues whatsoever.

Try shooting a test clip that goes beyond 4 gigs so that it spans to a second file, but do it with just recording to a single card. See if that makes any difference, and the issue goes away. And if the problem persists, then you would know that using the simultaneous recording feature is playing no role in your problem.

I think that you may well have an issue here that is worthy of calling Panasonic Broadcast tech support about. Their support number here in the USA is 1-800-524-1448

You could also call Sony Vegas Pro tech support too, and see what they have to say as well. I don't believe that anyone responding to you here uses Vegas Pro.

If you found that you could import just fine using another NLE, that would be a way of narrowing it down to being an issue with Vegas Pro. You could actually download a fully functional 30 day trial of the latest Adobe Premier from here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/in...t=premiere_pro

If you test this, just make sure that you use the Media Browser in Premiere. Use it to navigate to the /PRIVATE subfolder, and then right-click on the clip you want and choose IMPORT.

If the problem goes away, then you know that the issue involves your Sony Vegas Pro software. And if it does not, then you rule out Vegas Pro as being the cause of the problem. So either way, you help to narrow down the possible cause.

Anyway, if you can find the necessary time to try these two suggestions, you would at least make progress in narrowing down the potential cause of this problem.

And the more that you can do to try to narrow down the problem, will also be helpful to tech support at Panasonic in trying to troubleshoot it further.

Good luck.
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Lance

If it helps Walter here uses Vegas Pro and so do I and I never had any audio missing with the 130's on long clips BUT that was recording to just one card. I'm sure Walter would give his 2 cents worth if he had any issues on Vegas.

The only real answer is to do a +4GB test on just a single card!! That is a very sensible suggestion...don't cry over the symptom but start to isolate the cause of the issue!!

Chris

5. Collapse Details
    I did a test recording on a single card and got the same results. I also downloaded the VLC player and that would not play the clips seamlessly either. I don't have CS6 however I get the same dropped frames when using Pinnacle 14 and Avid Studio. The only way I can get a seamless clip is to use the mts joiner program that Panasonic gave me a download path for. Other than that Nothing joins without dropping frames between clips. I'm going to call Panasonic support at the number Lance posted and see what they have to say. Since the mts joiner program can put together one video file without any dropped frames all the information has to be recorded. When I record in SD mode the clips do all go into all the editors I have without any loss of frames. I wish I had known of all the trouble I was going to have when I bought the 130A and I could have saved myself $4000.

6. Collapse Details
    Ok, first of all a HUGE apology from me!!! I THOUGHT that I had an 11 frame piece at the end of my clip with no audio and video but I was wrong...I went back to my wedding clip of the ceremony (I had also correctly imported the entire "Private" folder too and DARN..I never looked at it correctly.. You are 100% correct!!! The clip is 26:42:18 and the video runs the full clip the audio dies at 26:42:07 so I ALSO had 11 frames where the audio was zero but the video was all there....I never noticed before cos it was a part where the priest was doing a long winded "homily" which the couple never wanted so I never used that section. OK, the preist MIGHT have been between two words BUT I still should have had ambient noise in the Church and my audio is totally flat on both XLR channels. I only used the 130's for weddings this March, April and May and after many issues (that's was another thread) I sold both cameras totally unimpressed sadly cos they really are nice units!!!

I would most definately load the 4GB clip into Vegas and expand it enough to see the audio blank section, so a screen capture, and send it to Panasonic so they can make their own deductions...The odds of a PAL 130 in Australia and a NTSC 130A in the USA being the only two with this fault is highly unlikely so it must be a firmware error when the clip gets to 3.99GB .... I have also checked big weddings both before and after my AC-130 period shot on the HMC82's and the clips are absolutely seamless (and that wasn't even clips imported the correct way as instructed by Barry Green..I just copied the stream folder over)

I would say that the audio signal is being halted 11 frames before the video ends .....I also checked video and the joinup seems to be correct.

Good luck and hope they sort it out for you

Chris

7. Collapse Details
    Chris:

I'm confident that Barry has all along been saying to not attempt to import an individual 4 GB clip by itself. Doing that is exactly what causes problems at the end of the clip. So I would fully expect for you to have an issue like this.
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

8. Collapse Details
    Chris:

I was able to exactly duplicate what you have noticed and reported in your latest message, but using CS6 instead.

I imported an individual 4 gig file that was part of a long 1 hour and 23 minute clip that I shot. And just as you reported, the last 11 seconds of audio is missing from the 4 gig clip.

However, when I properly import the entire 1 hour and 23 minutes together, there is no audio gap whatsoever.

9. Collapse Details
    Hi Lance

The particular wedding in question had the ENTIRE card structure imported to the computer ..it was all the footage shot on the A-Camera and all the metadata folders are obviously come along with it so it was done and the files were brought into Vegas exactly the way Barry told me too so I very much doubt whether that is the issue. I'm not disputing any issue here at all, simply trying to help a fellow user rectify a problem. Maybe Panasonic support can hopefully assist here and hopefully it is something very simple. It just seems strange that the issue occurs on three different NLE's unless he is importing files wrong on all three. My files from HMC cameras are absolutely perfect and both vision and audio are recorded right to the end and join seamlessly so maybe the 130/160 need special treatment over and above Barry's import method??
    Since you have an AC-130 could you be so kind and see if you have any files where the shoot went over 3.99GB and maybe try to help with the problem. On the shoots I did where the file did split I expanded the file and the video IS perfect but there definately seems to be an 11 frame silence at the end. It would be very comforting I'm sure to our OP if he knows that you have split files and they are perfect in every way!!

Thanks for the help

Chris

10. Collapse Details
    Hi Lance

Thank you!! We had a crossed post there...I'm sure that our OP can now look at his import method and be assured that the files are, in fact, fine!!! Wonder why the HMC cameras are not so fussy??

Your efforts will be much appreciated I'm sure

Chris

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast