Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Hey hscully,

Take a look at this configuration:
    LiveLens_mft_3349.jpg
    LiveLens_mft_3351.jpg

It sounds like may be what you're trying to do?
    Loren Simons
    Senior Rig Technician
    Redrock Micro

(Account is Inactive as of 7/7/14)

2. Collapse Details
    I had been corresponding with Rachel and in fact I ordered that offset kit a couple of hours ago on her suggestion in emails yesterday. It's good to see a picture. I was having a little difficulty imagining it. I have the other pieces except the counterweight. I think for the majority of things I'll be able to use the setup I have now with the monitor but this set up will let me use the EVF when necessary with the follow focus so, yeah... that's it.

3. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Well sounds like I'm a little late to the game then, but glad I could help you conceptualize it better and give you some additional confidence in your order!
    Loren Simons
    Senior Rig Technician
    Redrock Micro

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, that picture really helps, thanks

5. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this or resurrect this one. Here's the thing: I got the hand held rig working. I've done some work with it with good results both with the monitor as in the first picture and with the EVF after purchasing the offset.

You might ask.. "why doesn't this guy know this already" but here's the question:

The stuff I've done so far I've had an AC on that follow focus with a whip using set marks. Do any of you guys focus yourself? I have a shoot coming up next month where I may have to do that. How do you manage? Do you eyeball it? Do you use the FA? Do you use a follow focus where you can set hard stops and only go for two marks? Usually I'll set focus marks by "zooming" on the monitor. That works great with an AC but as I said, what to do when you're without one?

I've done a few tests and I think I can eyeball it on the monitor without marks. Not sure how things would go with the EVF in B&W with FA I'd have to try that some more. So? Have you had any luck doing this?

6. Collapse Details
    DVXuser Sponsor
    hscully,

Whenever I go without an AC (which has been an awful lot lately) and am handheld I am eyeballing it. I use this trick shown here though so that I can still have both hands on my rig, and control my focus all the time, stability and control .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loren Simons
    Senior Rig Technician
    Redrock Micro

7. Collapse Details
    AF100 Titla Rig.jpg

Here's a pic of my entire Tilta rig with my AF100. Obviously, you can take parts off to your liking. I've acquired a Zacuto EVF and a Redrock counter weight since then.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Simons View Post
    hscully,

Whenever I go without an AC (which has been an awful lot lately) and am handheld I am eyeballing it. I use this trick shown here though so that I can still have both hands on my rig, and control my focus all the time, stability and control .
    That's pretty cool. I won't be able to do that with the AF100. When working with the monitor I can get it on my left shoulder which makes grabbing the FF a little less jigglly. If it's on my right shoulder I have all the weight on two points on one side and that's hard.

I just get nervous eyeballing it but I need to get used to it. The Focus in Red helps me with the EVF but I rreally like setting marks. I wonder if anyone uses the blue with the hard stops when working alone. I bet that's pretty handy. You can only do two marks but that's good for a lot of shots. Going past focus and sneaking back is not good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12