Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I haven't quite decided where I'm going to purchase everything quite yet. I just wanted to get a list for review. I am very skeptical of Overstock Digital. I would love a first hand DVXuser review if someone has used it before. The lighting and grip is something I am going in on with a buddy. He has a boom pole and lights. We will probably invest in a little more over time. He has one lav and I am getting another Sennheiser lav.

2. Collapse Details
    I would just find a used AF-100 kit. You will save a chunk and get extras. Check marketplace on this site. They pop up a lot.

3. Collapse Details
    Overstock digital looks like one of those bait and switch outfits. Their price is $1000 less than B&H (Only $500 if you figure in the rebate).

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Naso View Post
    I would just find a used AF-100 kit. You will save a chunk and get extras. Check marketplace on this site. They pop up a lot.
    Erik's right. A lot of great AF100 packages pop up for cheep all the time. If price is a strong factor, wait a few weeks and a good camera package will pop up.

Outside of that, I would recommend Nikon manual primes and a good Sachtler/Vinten tripod. People forget that the tripod is the think your ACTUALLY operating. And a crappy tripod will make your life miserable. I would recommend one with a 100mm bowl head.

5. Collapse Details
    The kata bag rocks, man. You're gonna love it.

As far as the cards go, I would buy the best you can buy, these babies right here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html
    Actually that card for that price is a freaking steal that I am smacking myself for right now. I just bought 32gig cards, class 10 400 speed for $50.00 a piece (I must have missed that when I bought them. Oh well, live and learn)

I say buy good stuff because I bought a cheapo 16 gig prosumer card when I first got my AF just to mess around with and it just recently cracked wide open. I would put my money down on the most important piece (one of at least) of your gear (your footage).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12