Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    warFEST FILMS NOW LIVE
    Ok, everyone.

Films are up. You log in to the site using your dvxuser credentials. Make sure you do if you would like for your votes to be counted.

Discussion links are with their respective films. vote for each film on a 1-10 star basis. Please note, this is not a ranking system. you are NOT giving a film 10, another 9, 8, 7, down to one.

Rate each film on its individual merits. It is ok if you think 3 films were a 6, one was a 9, another was an 8, two were a 10... whatever.

The point is to rate each film individually on a scale of 1-10 (think netflix ratings). The system will average the ratings for each film. Film with the highest rating in the end wins the audience favorite award. Other awards to be announced. Guests can rate the films as well, and those ratings may be available after the fest for general information purposes only.

There will be a single round of voting, and it will go for at least 7 days from now.

Don't forget to check out the prizes page, and support our sponsors. They freely give to the fest to support the active work of the membership base here. I may have a couple of more prizes that I will be adding in the week ahead as well. Stay tuned for that....

There are only 13 films, so we encourage you to rate all of the films, as well as leave a written review in the entrant's film discussion thread. These are two distinct types of feedback that help the filmmakers.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate in this fest, and best of luck to all of you.

Here is your link to start viewing the films:
    http://www.dvxfest.com/warfest/

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    good luck everyone! Look forward to watching them all tonight

3. Collapse Details
    Very cool!

I'm really looking forward to our viewing party tomorrow night!

Best of luck everyone and congratulations on getting a film done - after all that is the really goal.

4. Collapse Details
    Woo! Gonna make for a fun weekend.

5. Collapse Details
    going to watch them on a 100" screen, lol

6. Collapse Details
    Here ... we ...go!

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

7. Collapse Details
    I watched them all and here is my ratings...

1. The Token 9/10: (Everything about it was fantastic costumes, camerawork, acting)

2. The Dust Settles 9/10: (Seemed to be the only movie with an actual battle scene in the entire fest, very well paced, great story)

3. The Light Once Captured 8/10: (I loved the acting and story. The sets were beyond fantastic. But it helped to have an great DP to capture the lovely imaged)

4. Battle Portlandia 8/10: Definitely most crazy and action packed film in the fest. Hands down the most entertaining)

5. 77 Spaces 8/10: (With the aid of amazing cinematography, and the non-traditional take on a “war”, made this a solid and beautiful short film)

6. Marching Home 7/10: (Feature some great acting, and lovely costumes)

7. The Captive 7/10: (Was well acted, intense and gritty)

8. The Spear 7/10: (I felt it was pretty good as far as storytelling goes, not a lot was happening and didn’t really feel satisfied by the end. But overall well made)

9. Alone 6/10 (nice CG, fun little story)

10. War Games 6/10 (at times felt a little awkward in the area of acting, action, and sound effects. Over all loved the camerawork however)

11. Little White Pills 5/10 (I liked the message it had, however… it is was not a war movie, nothing about it was a war. I liked the acting though)

12. (En)Listless 4/10 (Well, I couldn’t really tell what the message was, I almost felt it was making fun of PTSD which I admit offended me a little. But otherwise it was an ok production, acting/story wise)

13. Mega Army Man: The Chosen One 1/10 (WHAT the hell is this!? I tried but couldn’t find anything positive to say about this “film”)
    Last edited by Jerryaction; 08-18-2012 at 08:02 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryaction View Post
    The Spear 7/10: (I felt it was pretty good as far as storytelling goes, not a lot was happening and didn’t really feel satisfied by the end. But overall well made)
    Thanks for the kind words and the review.

I haven't had a chance to watch the other films yet (I'll be watching them with my students tomorrow night), but it sounds like all the films are really wonderful in this Fest. I can't wait to watch them all.

9. Collapse Details
    Good luck everyone! Looking forward to viewing the films.

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

10. Collapse Details
    Anybody knowski if'n they can be watched on iPad (3G)? Daddy's currently off the grid...

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast