Thread: The Captive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Chris, I am really glad to have entered this one. I am looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts on the film. I'm also excited to see what others have been working on!

2. Collapse Details
    Here is one of my favorite shots in the film. It is short but sweet. I really liked working with Zeiss glass on this project!
    Nice shot.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    Knight of the Holy Order krestofre's Avatar
    That's a great shot!

I love Zeiss glass! I used Zeiss lenses on my film too. The older I get the less I could care what camera I'm shooting on as long as I can put a Zeiss in front of it.
    Chris Johnson

4. Collapse Details
    No joke. The one vanity item I actually want in life before I die is a pair of sunglasses I found. They are designer shades, but the lenses are Zeiss... damn life and this need to pay bills and eat.
    Last edited by Jason Daub; 08-17-2012 at 09:40 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Very interesting short film! I liked the rundown and decayed look of the setting, put me right into the world you created. One big critique was the lighting, some moments it just felt super bright as if the lights were right in front of them because of the thick shadows on the wall behind them and it just looked distracting. But really my only big critique other then silly nitpicks.

6. Collapse Details
    Jason, overall I thought this was pretty well put together. White blank walls are a bit of a pet peeve and they filled the frame a number of times. A little on the set design would have taken it up a big notch for me. Well done on your entry.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah, for this shoot it was actually a real sprint for me. The location I had was only mine for a day and I didn't have any time other than the night right before the shoot to go in and do set design >< it's very difficult to find a good set legally in Las Vegas. A LOT of filming restrictions. One day of shooting also limited me in the amount of time I had to set up each of my shots, so everything gets effected from the amount of attention to lighting, composition, etc. I really wish I had a solid week to have filmed this and really craft it how I wanted it. But, such is life! Thanks for the feedback.

8. Collapse Details
    An unexpected twist in here... very cool!!!

9. Collapse Details
    I liked the turn around at the end. I did not see it coming. The lighting seemed very contrasted at parts but that also added to the underground feel. I enjoyed it, the acting was superb.

10. Collapse Details
    This one had a cool feeling to it and the acting was very well done. Good entry!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast