1. Collapse Details
    Lost AF on all modes except IA
    On the fourth of July I lost all AF capability except in iA mode. I think the camera might have overheated, but I am not sure. Is there a way I can fix this, or should I get it repaired?

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    I find it most strange that it does work in iA mode but not others. To me that says there is a setting that is wrong, but I can't think of what that would be.
    A few quick things I can think to check:

-Check contacts to make sure they are clean on both lens and camera.

-Check to see if the focus mode (AFS, AFC, MF) switch does indeed look like it's switching modes.

-Check different auto focus lenses if you can to see if one works and another doesn't.

-Do you have "shoot w/o lens" option on? If so, turn it off (so the camera must have an AF lens) and see if it is still recognizing a compatible lens.

-Is the camera hacked? Try original firmware if so.

Clarification on what exactly the camera looks like and how it behaves when you try to AF would be helpful. No indication on screen? Indicates but doesn't move the lens elements?

Does it try to autofocus but can't? Does manually focusing the lens work?

3. Collapse Details
    @blazer003 thanks for the reply, I'll try those later and see what happens. My AF lens is downstairs right now.

Normally when I try to AF, nothing happens; no response. It's not even trying, as if it's in MF mode (but it is not). iA works, so I know that I am not in any MF mode. "Shoot W/O lens" is current on, so I'll try turning that off, and focus modes do switch the on-screen indicates.

4. Collapse Details
    Here's a video of me showing/explaining what is going on

5. Collapse Details
    I'm pretty sure "Shoot W/O Lens" will turn AF off.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    I'm pretty sure "Shoot W/O Lens" will turn AF off.
    It doesn't, I've been shooting with an AF lens for months with "Shoot W/O Lens" turned on, and had no issues until the 4th of July. The camera was very hot that day in the sun, and I turned it off after a while... to late I guess.