Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Collapse Details
    Some of this may be repeat but first off wow AJ, this film was beautiful. It looked great, I got the emotion, and the message came in clear. The voice over totally worked the entire way through. I loved your imagery and how it was shown. Although I enjoyed the cupboard scene and how it was shot it may have been better to cut it and shorten the film. Too much of a good thing... I really liked the scene with the homeless man but wish you had broken the social barrier between the two of them and had him alert her of the money by touching her on the shoulder. I understand if you wanted to keep her disconnected from the world but without an audible cue it was confusing at first as to why she stopped and turned around. I loved the ring rolling in the fingers and the cut to her not having it in her's. Great work as usual to you and everyone involved!

2. Collapse Details
    ...then AJ breaks the fourth wall and poof, all other films fade out of memory.
    -
    -
    -

3. Collapse Details
    What was once important may be the least memorable experience and memory. Conflict within itself is the absolute worst.

4. Collapse Details
    This was the last film of the fest I uploaded, due to the fact it just wouldn't upload for me this morning.

Is it a warfest? No. Was Hawk's a scarefest? No.

Narrative films, especially short film narratives I find a "cheat." I agree you need to find yourself a screenwriter. Yes it was visual, most of your films are, but I did not FIND a story here. Just a woman talking in her head TELLING us the story instead of showing us her story.

That's why I dislike narratives. It's a cheat for you to tell us, not show us what the story is about. I can't say she's a good actor because there was much there to "act." This is the second film you've made that feels like a "dream" film. While the last one I remember was abstract, I would hardly call this an art film.

This is a short film. Pretty to look at but not something to talk about around the water cooler. While you may have experimented, it felt way below the bar of the African film you made a time back. In fact, doesn't even seem like it's the same filmmaker.

I know, I know AJ, it's what you expected to read from me. I want more and because you are a good filmmaker, I expect better.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the reviews everyone!

Oh and here's some BTS:

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

6. Collapse Details
    Congrats AJ on an excellant film.

7. Collapse Details
    And here's the newly trimmed film, since it looks like the links no longer work.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

8. Collapse Details
    HEY AJ! I don't know if you have heard about the new DVXfest... we are doing Horrorfest 2! Come join us!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

9. Collapse Details
    I felt mesmerized and pulled along, but there doesn't seem to be a plot to speak of. Interesting.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567