I need someone who is skilled at reading and evaluating film scripts.
The project is a 13 page short film that is 100% funded and currently in pre-production.
You would need to:
1. Read the script.
2. Write an evaluation that is 1 to 3 pages long (single spaced). The evaluation should be focused on the story, characters and theme, but I would be interested in any other thoughts that strike you about it as well.
I want honest feedback and will not be offended if it is negative. Either way, give suggestions on what you think would improve the script. This is a fast paced, action adventure piece with very little dialogue. It is effects heavy and designed to show our ability to tell a story.
I estimate it will take an hour or so of work for an editor/script reader to complete this project.
I'm doing this exercise for two reasons:
1. I want feedback on my script. Principle photography is scheduled for late October. We are already setting up the effect plates and sketching out some initial storyboards (you can see some of them at the link below).
2. I also want to post this coverage on my filmmaker blog. I'm building a community of filmmakers with a new blog and hope that you will participate and become a part of that community.
There are a couple of reasons it may make sense for you to participate.
1. A bit of cash in your pocket.
2. Recognition on my blog. Coverage will be posted on my blog from the 10 best coverage pieces. If your coverage is posted, I will also include (with your approval) your name, web site and/or contact info. This will allow other viewers of the blog to contact you and potentially hire you for larger script analysis projects.
3. It's also a good exercise of your script analysis skills, a way to become a part of our filmmaker community and hopefully, it should be fun.
I am going to pay $300 total to the top three submissions ($100 per person).
I am going to post those three submissions plus 7 more (if I get that many) on my blog.
So, with that said, there is no guarantee that your submission will be picked, but I promise that postings will be made and money will be paid as outlined. On top of that, it should be a great way to build a community of engaged, articulate writers, filmmakers and editors.
If you'd like to participate, please go to this link.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
06-28-2012 08:13 PM
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
06-29-2012 08:07 AM
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
It's all action with no heart. could be a hit on youtube with the gamer crowd if the special effects are really good, but that's about it.
The script isn't important because no one is going to care about the characters since there are no consequences for them. They die, they respawn. Why do we need to hear them talk?
All that matters is blocking your action and setting up the shot list so it works well with your FX. What the characters say makes no difference since there is no real story. They could be saying "I like peanut butter", "My cat needs to go to the vet", and "Let's go to the Beach Saturday" and the script would be the same. In fact it might be better.
It's basically a freddiew video. If you do the special FX well, it could get a lot of hits. But for the story to actually matter, we'd have to care about the characters and no one will since it's just a video game.
Last edited by Gillvane; 06-29-2012 at 08:12 AM.