Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    AVC-Intra & AVCHD Editing
    Best way to edit "A Cam" HPX250 AVC-Intra 50 with "B Cam" AC160 AVCHD in Premiere Pro CS6??

2. Collapse Details
    Some people say you can edit AVCHD directly; I prefer to transcode it. I use Prores for that, but you may prefer dnxhd or cineform.
    ----------------------
    Chuck
    rendering with pixel
    http://www.digitalspectra.com

3. Collapse Details
    Use Edius, throw all of it directly onto the timeline together and edit it natively
    So much gear, so little talent

4. Collapse Details
    Can you throw it all into a premiere cs6 timeline and edit it together? Which project setting do you choose, avc-intra or avchd , when you open premiere?

5. Collapse Details
    In CS5, I would just choose whichever I had more footage of and choose that type project or timeline.

6. Collapse Details
    I have both CS5 and CS6 for Mac. But somehow AVC-I mixed w/ other codec resulted in red (needs rendering) on the sequence. Not using NVida certified GPU on CS5 or 6 - perhaps that's why there're red. This annoying GPU war is costing me a fortune. Getting a new Mac Pro these days come w/ ATI 5870. I don't see anyway of not including a video card in the Mac Pro. This is a cold Adobe & Apple war that's hurting end user's pocket book.

7. Collapse Details
    Just buy GrassValley Edius 6.5. I've install Bootcamp for clients Macs and everything is realtime. On my PC, I use a $100. graphics card, and all AVC codecs on the same timeline is realtime. In fact, any codec mixed is realtime. I don't know why more poeple are aware of Edius. I guess it's because GrassValley is used in very high-end pro stations, etc., and they don't care about college kids,etc. Almost all of ABC news in the field uses Edius.

JohnnyD

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf2koc@hotmail.com View Post
    I have both CS5 and CS6 for Mac. But somehow AVC-I mixed w/ other codec resulted in red (needs rendering) on the sequence. Not using NVida certified GPU on CS5 or 6 - perhaps that's why there're red. This annoying GPU war is costing me a fortune. Getting a new Mac Pro these days come w/ ATI 5870. I don't see anyway of not including a video card in the Mac Pro. This is a cold Adobe & Apple war that's hurting end user's pocket book.

8. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
    I don't know why more poeple are aware of Edius. I guess it's because GrassValley is used in very high-end pro stations, etc., and they don't care about college kids,etc.
    Grass Valley does care about students, there is a heavily discounted Academic version that has all the features of the regular Edius but the license stipulates that it can't be used for commercial production.

9. Collapse Details
    I'll be trying the demo out for the Mac. If it's efficient in laptop and desktop, will seriously consider as a 2nd backup over the lame CS5&6's solution w/ their unbelievable hard to work "Audio Confirmation" whenever the media is taken from a laptop to desktop even it's on the exact same ext. hd. CS5-6 is just not flexible when it comes to working on different computers.

10. Collapse Details
    Best is to use the new Edit Button software
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DD6WAr4A4Y

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast