Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMurcerFan View Post

The only reliable solution I could find is processing each take individually in After Effects.
    Maybe 4:4:4. I have to recheck the HV20.com thread.

Would love to see your workflow in AE, and why would that be different that the tried and true pulldown removal workflows of the past? I simply import into iMovie HD (7) and import the media files in FCP- pull down automatically removed. MAC of course.

2. Collapse Details
    This is likely of use only to Linux users, but for what it's worth, my own solution for dealing with pulldown is to use mencoder in a shell script to batch-process all of the Hyperdeck files in a folder. I can run the script, and when it's done, all of the clips are converted to true 24p files in mathematically lossless Huffyuv format. The Huffyuv files are much smaller than the pure uncompressed* files out of the Hyperdeck to boot.

This is what I came up with:
    mkdir 24pfiles
    for mediafile in *
    do
    mencoder -fps 30000/1001 -field-dominance 0 $mediafile -nosound -o 24pfiles/$mediafile.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=huffyuv:format=422p -vf filmdint=fast=0/io=30:24/dint_thres=256,softskip,harddup -ofps 24000/1001
    done
    It might be possible to adapt this method for use on the Mac, or possibly Windows as well. There is less need for it on those platforms, though as (probably) better tools already exist. There are not so many people masochistic enough to edit video on Linux, hence the need for the for-mentioned script.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    You should also be aware that the Hyperdeck shuttle is not the only external recording option
    Very true. I think that the Ninja 2 would probably be the more practical recorder to pair with the HV20. Not only would you get the benefits of 4:2:2 and high bitrates, but a substantial upgrade over the HV20's built-in monitoring and exposure tools.

*I could use DNxHD to save space, but I figure that if I'm going to go to the trouble of using an external recorder, I might as well go all-in and use the highest quality format that the recorder supports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12