Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member gonzo_entertainment's Avatar
    If some of the models have the right look it might be worth bringing them in and reading them. You never know.

2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Jordan Scott Price's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_entertainment View Post
    If some of the models have the right look it might be worth bringing them in and reading them. You never know.
    This. +1

You may discover someone. That​ could be worth all your effort and time.

3. Collapse Details
    I can't advise on what to pay them, but this might help.

Seems the 'voice' is going to be a big part of this and as the project is mainly 2 people talking to each other and there are over 200 applicants,
    then I'd first try interviewing some possibles on the phone. Maybe record each interview and tell them.

Here's what I'd do, once you get a shorter list, say 15 or so, email each one a suitable page and with a photo of each one in front of you, get them to read,
    again on the phone. Do this with the idea of selecting 2 actors who could 'work' together.

After you cull that list, bring them in to audition on camera, hopefully two by two.

Write out your list of phone questions, take your time don't leave anything out, you could even grade the interviews, 1 awful - 10 great! Good luck.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Allan Black; 06-17-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    35yrs with our own a/v production company and studios.

4. Collapse Details
    Good stuff all. Over the weekend we got some really good talent pour in so things are looking up. I do have a question though, since our film is essentially female character talking to male character, is it fair to hold auditions and have both characters read or is that a no-no?

Cheers.

5. Collapse Details
    For sure, I'd try getting that organised.

But it depends on where they are and how easy it is to arrange it. You could try going to a conference phone centre for a 3 way hookup.

Once you're 98% sure, try arranging a lunch to let 'em bond during a table read, you pay and offer travel costs.

Encourage enthusiasm, listen to their opinions and ideas, it'll be great!! Let's know what happens.

Cheers.
    35yrs with our own a/v production company and studios.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
    For sure, I'd try getting that organised.

But it depends on where they are and how easy it is to arrange it. You could try going to a conference phone centre for a 3 way hookup.

Once you're 98% sure, try arranging a lunch to let 'em bond during a table read, you pay and offer travel costs.

Encourage enthusiasm, listen to their opinions and ideas, it'll be great!! Let's know what happens.

Cheers.
    Well, I was just planning on having all the auditions on the same day and callbacks another. We've narrowed it down to about 25 males and 25 females so far. There may be a bit of a juggling act if actors turn up late, or not at all. My main concern was if a good actor is placed with a bad one, but then again that's no different than if they were reading with a casting director.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mrl72 View Post
    My main concern was if a good actor is placed with a bad one, but then again that's no different than if they were reading with a casting director.
    You're correct to be concerned for the initial audition. A good casting director will give a relatively flat read that allows an actor room to present their take on the role. A poor "lively" read can be very difficult for an actor to work with. It forces them to make choices that may not want to make. It's a disservice to both you and the actor.

Callbacks are another story. At this stage, pairing up actors can be a great benefit to everyone.

8. Collapse Details
    That is a very good rate for a low budget film

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12