1. Collapse Details
    GH2 Syncing audio using DualEyes
    Okay, so I feel like a total noob, but I cannot figure out DualEyes with the GH2. It is not recognizing the .MTS files. I could have swore that I saw other people using the original format with the program.
    Anyway, neither here nor there… I'm converting the AVC HD files now using a program called 5DtoRGB Lite. Should I have to be converting this to sync my audio? I am using an H4N if that matters, but I would assume almost everyone is.
    Could someone please share with me their workflow for syncing their audio?
    Last edited by K.L. Cleeton; 06-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    plural/dual eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Cleeton View Post
    Could someone please share with me their workflow for syncing their audio?
    I worked on a project last year using Plural Eyes and Premiere. It must be similiar for Dual Eyes, and there really was no trick, at least on the system I worked on. Are you using Premiere CS 5.5 or 6?

The program worked very well, it helped if you had your clips arranged chronologically on the time line. I was very impressed and it saved hours of work.

Maybe you have some kind of stand-alone version?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ninetto View Post
    I worked on a project last year using Plural Eyes and Premiere. It must be similiar for Dual Eyes, and there really was no trick, at least on the system I worked on. Are you using Premiere CS 5.5 or 6?

The program worked very well, it helped if you had your clips arranged chronologically on the time line. I was very impressed and it saved hours of work.

Maybe you have some kind of stand-alone version?
    Thanks for your response. I'm using premiere 5.5. Dual Eyes is somewhat different then Plural Eyes in that it is a standalone program that syncs your audio before you import into your NLE. It is supposed to work in a way that it replaces the original audio with the audio from your external recorder. My problem is that when I try to sync the original raw files it either does not work at all or doesn't replace the audio, but gives me a new audio file that has simply been clipped to match my video. I suppose I could import the video and audio separately, remove the original audio and then link the audio file Dual Eyes created to the original video. However, that seems like it is not much more efficient than syncing by hand.