1. Collapse Details
    Looking how to get permission to film on a road for a chase scene (Help) plz
    I am currently writing my script for my movie I will be shooting but first I am curious how to get permission to film on roads for chase scenes. The roads I am talking about look like from mad max or even a desert place to drive or something like that but I would rather it be a road. Can any body help me with this, by the way I live in Calgary Alberta (Canada). I am filming a post apocalyptic movie, where driving is used a lot in my film so this is crucial for me. If any body can help that would be excellent thank you.

-Brody

2. Collapse Details
    Ask the Highways department press office how to proceed?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by shade_99 View Post
    I am currently writing my script for my movie I will be shooting but first I am curious how to get permission to film on roads for chase scenes. The roads I am talking about look like from mad max or even a desert place to drive or something like that but I would rather it be a road. Can any body help me with this, by the way I live in Calgary Alberta (Canada). I am filming a post apocalyptic movie, where driving is used a lot in my film so this is crucial for me. If any body can help that would be excellent thank you.

-Brody

Sorry to be so blunt Brody, but your question is a bit ridiculous. Did you not even try google? It took 2 seconds to type a search in Google that returned this.

www.google.com/search?q=alberta+film+location+permit

First result:

ugh!.jpg

---------------

EDIT: Just saw that your question was your first post. There are a ton of resources available on this site. Since you're just starting out, I suggest you look at some of the forums in the Filmmaking section, especially the Screenplay/Writing forum: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdispl...enplay-Writing
    Last edited by keylight; 06-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks, the reason why I asked is because I found other stuff as well just wanted to see if anybody else has found anything. The reason being is cause the thing I was looking at costed a lot of money to do so yea.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by shade_99 View Post
    Thanks, the reason why I asked is because I found other stuff as well just wanted to see if anybody else has found anything. The reason being is cause the thing I was looking at costed a lot of money to do so yea.
    Most things do (cost a lot of money) in this line of work.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm based in UK, so things may be different (no deserts here!) but in my experience it's often much cheaper to shoot these kind of scenes on privately owned property as opposed to public highways. In England, places like car-testing tracks, roads on private land, former air fields, and former military bases get used to stage car chases/crashes etc. The bottom line is that by shooting on such roads you can control traffic - lessening chance of injuries, and you aren't asking for a public road to be closed down. I find the more hazardous a shoot is to safety, and the more likely it is to disturb the public, the pricer it becomes. Talk to a locations manager.