1. Collapse Details
    Need help blending stop frame - Showing Short to crew on Sunday evening!
    I have Final cut Pro 6.06 & After effects cs3 (mac pro 8 core 8 gb ram os x 10.5.8) -

1)
    I need to find a way to dissolve or soften the transitions between the frames. Can anyone help me out? -I have a screening to all the cast and crew on Sunday evening - Luckily this is only 3 seconds of the whole film and i have the rest done but this bit comes right at the end and is important

It's meant to look like the guy is floating in the sea and we're seeing it from below
    (I added a little blur in after effects, but nothing else)
    Im working with png files from an artist friend and the background is clear, so defaults to black.

2)
    The second thing i want to do is create a background that looks like sea surface with the full moon in the background, so i need to learn how to use the wave effect in after effects and then succesfully put this animation on top.

I havent used after effects for about 3 years since my last short film and am obviously very rusty but quick learner with good instructions.
    I hope you guys and girls can help :-)

Thanks a lot
    Here's the vid
    https://vimeo.com/43710480
    and the password is thanks4help

2. Collapse Details
    Based on the video you have linked there, I think something like this is just what your looking for. The downside is you might want to purchase a plugin or two but I have no idea if they are compatible with CS3. At the very least, hopefully this can give you some ideas and get you going the in the right direction.

RGTV: Ep. 73

-B

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanZen View Post
    I have Final cut Pro 6.06 & After effects cs3 (mac pro 8 core 8 gb ram os x 10.5.8) -

1)
    I need to find a way to dissolve or soften the transitions between the frames. Can anyone help me out? -I have a screening to all the cast and crew on Sunday evening - Luckily this is only 3 seconds of the whole film and i have the rest done but this bit comes right at the end and is important

It's meant to look like the guy is floating in the sea and we're seeing it from below
    (I added a little blur in after effects, but nothing else)
    Im working with png files from an artist friend and the background is clear, so defaults to black.

2)
    The second thing i want to do is create a background that looks like sea surface with the full moon in the background, so i need to learn how to use the wave effect in after effects and then succesfully put this animation on top.

I havent used after effects for about 3 years since my last short film and am obviously very rusty but quick learner with good instructions.
    I hope you guys and girls can help :-)

Thanks a lot
    Here's the vid
    https://vimeo.com/43710480
    and the password is thanks4help
    If I were you, I would shoot normal footage at the frame rate you want, depicting the motion you're after -- and then when you go to do the stop motion, emulate each frame, including whatever motion blur there is.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great training programs!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE