Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    1. 2k resolution: improved sharpness
    2. 10 bit 4.2.2
    3. 120+ fps
    http://www.panasonicforbusiness.com/...onic-ag-af100/ www.iamaffected.com Panasonic AF-100, RED Scarlet X #3490 "Kalel", Red Rocket, Zeiss ZF Lenses, Sony Vegas Pro 12, Adobe CS6 Master Collection, Redrock support gear, Marshall Monitors.

2. Collapse Details
    Rather than three features to add, I have three issues with the camera that I'd want to improve. I'm agnostic as to which technology choices are the best way to achieve this but have a couple of suggestions.

1) Fix the banding. (Improved dither algorithms, less compression, more bits would probably all help).

2) Improve colour rendition generally and high-light roll-off especially, with a lot of work done on fine tuning skin tones. (More dynamic range would help, but tuning chroma response at high exposure would help, and scene files and colour matrices should be re-evaluated in terms of what a 2012 digital cine large sensor camera really needs, not what's traditionally worked for DVX/HVX).

3) Fix the missed focus issues. (1:1 focus assist whilst recording and a much bigger and better screen would help. Or focus on an iPad… really, given how cheap iPads are, why can't we have a screen of that quality on the camera? Even if you do it by buying an iPad and plugging it in?)

I have to admit that I'm no longer in the market for an AF100 successor, because Scarlet has solved all these issues for me. But if these had been fixed on the AF100, I might not have felt so compelled to find solutions elsewhere.

Cheers, Hywel.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzfilms View Post
    Camera is already 8bit. Aren't we supposed to be listing improvements?
    But what do I know...
    yes its 8bit, but 4:2:0 with just 28mb/s....... but i want 4:2:2 and higher bit rate internal.

btw i forgot to tell ------ USB 3.0 ------ plz....... its kind of hard to wait for 32GB transfer... would love to speed up that process!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by anatusa View Post
    yes its 8bit, but 4:2:0 with just 28mb/s....... but i want 4:2:2 and higher bit rate internal.

btw i forgot to tell ------ USB 3.0 ------ plz....... its kind of hard to wait for 32GB transfer... would love to speed up that process!
    yes, yes, yes we know it's 4:2:0 blah-blah internal. Point is why ask for 8bit if it's already 8bit? Ask, instead, for internal 10bit and your 4:2:2 and your USB yabbadabbadoo - I didn't address your 4:2:2 request, just your 8bit. In case you're unaware, they're not mutually exclusive. You CAN have 10bit and 4:2:2 and all that yabbadabbadoo stuff. And while you're at it why not throw in Thunderbolt? I mean the technology is finding it's way onto PCs as well now, so it's not just a mac thang, ya dig? Thunderbolt incinerates everything!!

Aren't the new Samurais Thunderbolt equipped? Will someone more knowledgeable chime in. Personally, the AF??? will "probably" make the Samurai slightly redundant yet also a truly redundant solution.

I don't even know why I bother - I'm gonna go back in time, fix the stock market, return to now, and buy a clutch of Keved up ARRI Alexas and all the accouterments of filmmaking! Make a bunch of Jumbaco commercials in 6D - that's right 6D, sucker! Bet you didn't see that coming, Canon!

I mean for me - I'm so used to Panasonic that I'll give them one more chance with this successor, but if I jump ships, it'll only be because my ships came home and Bassanio and I can ignore Shylock and marry a fair Alexa.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzfilms View Post
    yes, yes, yes we know it's 4:2:0 blah-blah internal. Point is why ask for 8bit if it's already 8bit? Ask, instead, for internal 10bit and your 4:2:2 and your USB yabbadabbadoo - I didn't address your 4:2:2 request, just your 8bit. In case you're unaware, they're not mutually exclusive. You CAN have 10bit and 4:2:2 and all that yabbadabbadoo stuff. And while you're at it why not throw in Thunderbolt? I mean the technology is finding it's way onto PCs as well now, so it's not just a mac thang, ya dig? Thunderbolt incinerates everything!!
    thing is that i am not looking for +-20 000$ camcorder (if u want it - there are some already! u need it? - use it) , thats why i dont ask. i do want an option of 10bit or more, BUT only externally for high pro payed work, but for my general jobs i dont need 10 bit and extreme high bit rates like pro res or else with very expansive recording media like p2 or else..... (currently anything higher then 50mb/s over kills me) ! I want to keep recording on SD or CF cards.... I want Good, normally priced camcorder with nice internal recordings. everything else if/ when i will need it - i want to be able to record it externally. but thats all!
    i like the price point of my pany and i dont mind to pay few extra grands for improved and some extra features! - i`ve seen Ari and Red at work and its not what i need for everyday work and i cant pay for it....

the only reason why i dont buy samurai - i dont need it :-) , i mean i dont need pro res and i dont even want to mess with it. give me 50mb/s and i ll buy it "yesterday".... but 100-220mb/s -i dont want these huge files and most important i dont need it for my every day job! i want 8bit 4:2:2 50mb/s - something like canon c300 does internally!

What u r talking about - would not be AF200 - it would be completely different camcorder at a completely different price rage...for a different market.

thats why i dont ask for 10bit, unless i am missing something and 10bit can fit in the 50mb/s and on SD card - what is hard to believe!
    Last edited by anatusa; 06-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Honestly, my money is that any AF100 successor will have AVC-Long G, which is 10bit 4:2:2, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

[edit the day after I posted this] Also, Anatusa, AVC-Long G will supposedly fit in a 50mb/s stream. So it's not unrealistic to ask for it in a successor.
    Last edited by Mike Harvey; 06-14-2012 at 09:44 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    thing is that i am not looking for +-20 000$ camcorder (if u want it - there are some already! u need it? - use it) , thats why i dont ask. i do want an option of 10bit or more, BUT only externally for high pro payed work, but for my general jobs i dont need 10 bit and extreme high bit rates like pro res or else with very expansive recording media like p2 or else..... (currently anything higher then 50mb/s over kills me) ! I want to keep recording on SD or CF cards.... I want Good, normally priced camcorder with nice internal recordings. everything else if/ when i will need it - i want to be able to record it externally. but thats all!
    i like the price point of my pany and i dont mind to pay few extra grands for improved and some extra features! - i`ve seen Ari and Red at work and its not what i need for everyday work and i cant pay for it....

the only reason why i dont buy samurai - i dont need it :-) , i mean i dont need pro res and i dont even want to mess with it. give me 50mb/s and i ll buy it "yesterday".... but 100-220mb/s -i dont want these huge files and most important i dont need it for my every day job! i want 8bit 4:2:2 50mb/s - something like canon c300 does internally!

What u r talking about - would not be AF200 - it would be completely different camcorder at a completely different price rage...for a different market.

thats why i dont ask for 10bit, unless i am missing something and 10bit can fit in the 50mb/s and on SD card - what is hard to believe!
    Oh! Right. Gotcha.
    AF100, GH2,
    Blackbird Steadicam
    Rode NTG-2 Boom kit
    Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95
    Olympus 12mm f2
    Lumix 14-42mm f3.5
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8.
    Nikon 85mm f/1.4.
    http://unsignedrus.com
    (London - Los Angeles - Honolulu)

8. Collapse Details

Um...USB 3.0 SD Card Readers exist.
    Love Covers All, coming to DVD October 7.
    http://www.lovecoversallmovie.com

Standing Firm is now on DVD
    http://www.standingfirmmovie.com

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFlix View Post
    Data:
    1. 13+stops Dynamic Range
    2. 12-bit 4:4:4 RAW out to third party SSD (Hyperdeck, etc.)
    3. 10-bit 4:2:2 internal
    Sensor:
    1. Super35 with M4/3 crop
    2. Native 2.40:1 widescreen crop
    3. Global Shutter = Zero rolling Shutter
    Camera:
    1. Keep the price the same
    2. Stay M4/3
    3. Keep the form factor
    lol @ "keep the price the same" in light of what's posted there, especially the 12-bit 4:4:4 RAW...

Time to look at another class of cameras.
    Love Covers All, coming to DVD October 7.
    http://www.lovecoversallmovie.com

Standing Firm is now on DVD
    http://www.standingfirmmovie.com

10. Collapse Details
    Lets not derail this. The suggestions are illogical but argue on other threads.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast