Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Collapse Details
    1 - 10 bit 4:2:2
    2 - 4K
    3 - 100 or 150 fps slowmotion

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Cost is SO essential for that bracket in the market, I hope they get this. Do your best to make it cheaper. So, use your existing mass-produced GH4 m43s Sensor, it's a superb 4K image and with a simple SB it's almost standard cinema s35 size. Of course the Codec will be 10bit 4:2:2 AVC and it will have V-log so any GH4 video-feel can be eliminated with a strong codec and a cinema LOG gamma. This saves a lot of money, allows 6K stills/timelapse mode, and 4:3 anamorphic 4K mode.

Use the most cost effective design & build material. Make it small and light, able to use cheap media and power.

Effectively, a GH4 in a video-friendly body, with a 10bit 422 codec and V-Log, 120fps, XLRs, SDI and you've got yourselves an affordable 3-4K beast.

3. Collapse Details
    That sounds like something I'd be interested in... using tech that they've already developed. I don't want to try to make the GH4 SLR transition... I'm still working the "original" AF100 to death. As far as the ergonomics... most of my work is on a fluid head tripod, dolly, jib, or some other stable support, so I'm fine with the shape. A detachable VF would be OK but not necessary for me... I still use it all the time (in B&W with red focus assist). but Please don't make it all modular! Those of us who need external monitors already have them and feed them HDMI.
    Keep it simple & Friendly and make it remind us of how we all started loving the revolution that was the look of the DVX100.
    http://www.vimeo.com/daleanthonysmith
    http://www.youtube.com/user/multimed...ature=mhee#p/a

AF100, GH1(pair), Lumix Lenses: 20mm, 7-14mm, 14-140mm, 100-300mm Nikon Lenses: 55mm macro f3.5, 50mm f1.4
    CS5 workstation 24gb RAM, ProAim Mattebox w/ 4" filters, CobraCrain Jib w/motor pan/tilt on Quickset Herculese jibpod

4. Collapse Details
    - better codec (10 bit 4:2:2)
    - v-log/lut support
    - more display options (meaning: magnification for focus, dual zebra, show color temperature of manual wb, show audio levels in dB,...)

and #4, as it's not really about the camera: a relatively cheap ENG style par-focal power-zoom lens for m4:3, similar to the one, sony offers with the fs7 (but wide enough, say, starting at 14 or 12mm)

i hope, we will know more, come monday
    Last edited by unami; 04-11-2015 at 06:36 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Any updates? Did Panasonic end up continuing with the AF100 concept in any way? I was loaned one to test for a few shoots - like it, but sent it back and purchased their AC130. Anybody still working w/ AF100? or what did you end up moving to next?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Multihandle View Post
    Any updates? Did Panasonic end up continuing with the AF100 concept in any way? I was loaned one to test for a few shoots - like it, but sent it back and purchased their AC130. Anybody still working w/ AF100? or what did you end up moving to next?
    I've never owned an af100 (I did want one at the time of release), but I'd bet most have moved on to the Canon C100/300. Ticks all the same boxes as the AF, but does almost everything better...

7. Collapse Details
    I ended up moving on to the C100mk1 for one month and switched to the FS700 because of the lack of slow-motion. Couple years after that I switched to the FS7 when Sony started delivery of it. Best decision for my company. Still in love with the look and codec options.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415