Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Notice the flickering lights in the last shot at 3:31. I wonder if you can play with the shutter speed in slo mo modes.

2. Collapse Details
    Dying to read this FS700 review when it goes up. What time is it where Bloom is at compared to here in the US?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chromeboy007 View Post
    Notice the flickering lights in the last shot at 3:31. I wonder if you can play with the shutter speed in slo mo modes.
    Me too. First time I've noticed that. (kind of distracting/annoying...) Then again, all the other footy I've seen in 240 was fairly well lit daytime (sun) footy.
    Sony FS 700 / Sony FS100 (x2) / BMCC 2.5/

4. Collapse Details
    Totally Usable Mod Stephen Mick's Avatar
    Posts have been deleted. Keep the discussion civil and productive, please.
    Stephen Mick
    Creative Director
    UPG Video

Check out the DVXUser Facebook page atůhttps://www.facebook.com/dvxuser
    And the DVXUser Vimeo Channel atůhttps://vimeo.com/channels/558731

5. Collapse Details
    I'm really liking This camera! Picture looks great, build in ND is super, slow motion is incredible at price range, SDI out is plus over HDMI. 4K ready adds icing on the cake.

6. Collapse Details
    I was wondering about the blinking lights also. Correct me if I got it wrong, but I remember a while back, Barry Green mentioned that if you shoot with a shutter speed of 60, you will not get flickering lights because that's the same frequency of electric lights (60 hertz). Or something like that.

But when you shoot high speed, the shutter speeds should be increased. I'm wondering if you shoot at high frame rates, but kept the shutter speed at 60, would it not cause flickering? Would there be too much motion blur if you kept the shutter speed at 60 for high frame rate shots?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chromeboy007 View Post
    That's a common problem with artificial illumination in high frame rate footage, & I don't believe there's a practical shutter angle solution.

The typical solution is to use a 5k, or larger, tungsten for artificial illumination. Like most artificial sources, smaller tungstens will flicker, but the larger one's filament stays so hot that you won't see the decay caused by the frequency of the electrical current.
    Last edited by Bern Caughey; 05-26-2012 at 10:27 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    As usual, Philip's practical perceptions are right on the mark. More slo-mo but he takes it one step further with the cu frames of smoke and window cleaner and the shot of the stones coming closer to the camera as the girl goes soft was brilliant.

Coming from an AF100, I question whether the FS700 mount can safely support the Canon 100-400 without rails.

Quite a marked difference from the two bimbo's playing with a water hose shown in another post.

Thanks, Philip

9. Collapse Details
    Phillip makes me want to buy the camera as usual....

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    That's a common problem with artificial illumination in high frame rate footage, & I don't believe there's a practical shutter angle solution.

The typical solution is to use a 10k, or larger, tungsten for artificial illumination. Like most artificial sources, smaller tungstens will flicker, but the larger one's filament stays so hot that you won't see the decay caused by the frequency of the electrical current.
    Thanks. Has anyone seen any FS700 footage with 100% indoor lighting? I find it hard to believe that professional tungstens would produce flickering - those lamps in this video probably have low frequency or whatever that's causing the flickering.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast