Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. Collapse Details
    Quieter than usual?
    #1
    Senior Member Ki-Ki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,696
    Default
    Keeping track of peoples progress in this fest, and surprised by the lack of numbers involved.



    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,227
    Default
    I submitted my idea over a week ago and haven't heard back yet whether I'm a go or not.

    As for others, I'm guessing the complete lack of prize announcements hasn't helped inspire people to get off their ass. I bet that once a nice spread of prizes go up, you'll see the number of entries go up.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

    "Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Knight of the Holy Order krestofre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,707
    Default
    Hey, at this point I'm guaranteed to place in the Top 10.
    Chris Johnson


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Default
    I'm still in the writing process. I don't want to put up a thread unless I know I'm going to be able to be all in!


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    1,838
    Default
    I need to see what my bank account looks like in the next couple of weeks before I can go much further on this. But it's not because we aren't thinking about it.


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Senior Member Fohdeesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    827
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhazle View Post
    I'm still in the writing process. I don't want to put up a thread unless I know I'm going to be able to be all in!
    ditto
    (9:38:44 PM) ngubbet: ROYGBIV 4:4:4:4:4:4:4


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Senior Member Chris Messineo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,183
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Philip Nelson View Post
    I submitted my idea over a week ago and haven't heard back yet whether I'm a go or not.
    That's not cool.

    I'm excited for this Fest and I know some other members are too, but we need some MODs to be excited and responsive.

    I'm not putting this all on Jason (I know he's busy and he does more than most), but back in the day, the MODs were all over these Fests.

    Having them participate and spread the word is important for these Fests to be successful, imho.


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,227
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post
    That's not cool.

    I'm excited for this Fest and I know some other members are too, but we need some MODs to be excited and responsive.

    I'm not putting this all on Jason (I know he's busy and he does more than most), but back in the day, the MODs were all over these Fests.

    Having them participate and spread the word is important for these Fests to be successful, imho.
    Whoa, let it be known that I wasn't complaining, I'm sure Jason is busy, I was just merely saying why I haven't thrown out a thread yet.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

    "Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #9
    Senior Member pixelated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alaska, Oregon (mostly)
    Posts
    729
    Default
    Loose lips sink . . .

    Actuallly, someone once said things go better with a script, so we're still trying to hammer out something remotely feasible.

    Did get some good test shots last weekend , couple of new actors showing real promise.
    Have some special effect "proof of concept" shots tomorrow.
    Trying not to get the local constabulary tooo excited.

    Not sure what will pan out but having fun.

    btw - prizes are nice, but it's really all about the glory.



    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #10
    Senior Member Chris Messineo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,183
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Philip Nelson View Post
    Whoa, let it be known that I wasn't complaining, I'm sure Jason is busy, I was just merely saying why I haven't thrown out a thread yet.
    I didn't say you were complaining and I agree, I'm sure Jason is busy. I truly appreciate that they are still running these fests.

    But there is no doubt that the fests have less attendance and less "heat" then they did in the past. A past that was full of Mod participation. It would be great to get some of that back again!


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •