1. Collapse Details
    Anyone else order one during the last sale at Shop Panasonic?
    A bunch of people were talking about the sale Shop Panasonic was running last month, so I assume they must have sold a ton. I ordered mine right towards the end of sale, so I assume I was near the bottom of the list. At the time they were expected in around 3 weeks. Apparently they got a shipment in but didn't get in enough.

So I've been waiting almost 5 weeks now. Called them today and whoever I talked to didn't know when they were expecting more in. I don't mind waiting since I got a great price on it, but it'd be nice to at least have a guess on when it'll get here.

Anyone else out there still waiting for theirs?

Also posted this in the hack thread but didn't get a reply. I know it won't span, but anyone know if the newer 45 mb/s Extreme HD Video cards work with some of the higher bitrate hacks? I know the older 45 mb/s Extreme cards were bad for the hack, but seems to be differing opinions of the newer ones. This is it at BH...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html

2. Collapse Details
    Panasonic direct is notoriously slow when it comes to backordered items. Took me over a month to receive a lens that was originally listed as "in stock within 2-4 days." And their CS really has little or no information on stock replenishments.

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah their whole system is very strange. I was originally getting a weekly email telling me the status of the backorder. They were expecting them in on the 6th and I checked a day or so after on the website and my order was listed as processing. I called and was told that meant it would be shipping out the next day or so. I waited a couple more days with no info and called again.

If I understand the second guy he said the system automatically switches to processing when they get stock in, but mine was one of the last orders and they receive some damaged cameras (or my guess they just didn't get enough cameras in) that it would just stay in "processing" limbo and my status won't change until I get a shipping notice. So because of that I won't get any email updates about the next batch or anything.

I don't mind waiting, just really wish I would still get the email updates so I would at least have a estimate on when it might show up.

4. Collapse Details
    That's why I ordered from B&H May 8th. I may not have got as good a price as you (paid $814 for body with 14-42 "kit" lens) but they had them in stock, shipped mine in about one day, I paid for 3 day UPS air and I had it 5 days after the order date.

No "monkey business".

5. Collapse Details
    Same here, I ordered through the facebook discount for $649 with kit lens but then decided to cancel a week later and bought through amazon for 749 no tax or shipping. It was about $40 difference by the time Panny added tax and i got the camera in a few days .

6. Collapse Details
    @Bruce Glad to see you with a GH2

7. Collapse Details
    Bruce ain't no dummy, he's been shooting a long time, so I knew he would grab one eventually. Panisonic really needs to repair the broken system they currently use for ordering and communicating with their consumers. I remember people not ever getting their orders shipped to them, they cancelled and went to bnh.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by strancali View Post
    @Bruce Glad to see you with a GH2
    Got two. Ordered that used body Illya Freidman advertised here, and when I kinda got the "hang" of it ordered that new one with "kit" lens from B&H.

I still have a 60D left but more often than not I find myself reaching for a GH2. That 60D may have to go on the "auction block", I hate to keep something just lying around if I don't use it.

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah I wasn't really in a rush for it, just really wish their system was more informative. I had sold my old XSi while the sale was happening and that's what made me decide to go ahead and grab one from the sale. I posted on their facebook page and they replied to call again the end of next week, so we'll see.