1. Collapse Details
    7D and 5D time line incompabiity
    Hello

I am editing a wedding video. The video was shoot with one 5D and one 7D. I did log and transfer for both. I drag the 5D clips first into the time line and then I drag the 7D clips and I get the render green line for preview in the 7D clips.

Why is this? do i have to render the 7D clips? is there something I should have done in the log and transfer processs with the 7D?

best regards

2. Collapse Details
    convert 5D and 7D footage to apple proress using MPEG stream clip. FCP does not support H264 natively

3. Collapse Details
    I did the log and transfer process in Final Cut to proress 422, using the log and transfer finction and the Canon EOS plug in, is this not the same than using MPEG? the thing is that if I bring the 7D material alone to a different sequence I dont get the green line or other render sign, is only when the 5D and 7D are together

4. Collapse Details
    You can batch convert 5D and 7D footage together in MPEG Streamclip. You want to reduce the amount of rendering, encode them at Pro Res 422 or LT. You bring the footage together in the same timeline you won't have this issue

5. Collapse Details
    One possibility is that cameras recorded with different frame rates (30p and 24p) did you check that?
    {You can also check it from sequence settings}
    "Science never solves a problem without creating ten more." G.B.Shaw

6. Collapse Details
    I think, it could be that. When i put 5D matarial in the time line and then add the 7D clips, I get the green line for the 7D. If I bring the 7D clips first I get the green line for the 5D clips. The 5D clips are 25P for sure, I am not sure about the 7D. Is there a way to convert the 7D clips to 25 P? it is apple prores 422 now

I got only 7d clips in a sequence, and sequence settings says 25P, looking at one clip, item properties, format, it says 25fps. what´s happening?