Thread: CS6 Feedback.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Del Real View Post
    I'm looking forward to trying Resolve when I get my BMD Cinema camera. I've heard great things about it.
    You don't have to wait. Resolve Lite is free for both Mac/Win platforms.

2. Collapse Details
    Been on the phone with Adobe tech support for over an hour and couldn't help me for s*%t. No site of manual anywhere.

Auto save location change?

Sequence clips order bin in thumbnail view?

Audio scrub off?

Place markers on the actual clips?

Numeric keypad for multi cam?
    I am a sexy beast!

3. Collapse Details
    I'll do my best to answer after each of your points...

Been on the phone with Adobe tech support for over an hour and couldn't help me for s*%t. No site of manual anywhere.

Auto save location change?

Not on my system. Same file structure as CS 5.5 (Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro>6.0>Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save

Sequence clips order bin in thumbnail view?

Do you mean in "Icon" view (the big srubable thumbnails)? If so, mine view defaults to ascending order by clip name. I use this view for storyboard style editing and building rough cut. Clips in this view stay in the order you place them, and are not affected by sorts performed in the list view.

Audio scrub off?

This can be mapped to any key. Mine is mapped to the "4" key, and toggles audio scrubbing on/off.

Place markers on the actual clips?

I have my "Add Marker" function mapped to the "M" key. Works great in both clips and sequences.

Numeric keypad for multi cam?

Sorry, don't use multi cam, so can't help with this one.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for responding Weisman.

Sequence clips in icon view are out of order straight from the camera which are in sequence order.

I can add markers on the timeline but not on the actual clips on the timeline.
    I am a sexy beast!

5. Collapse Details
    What is the naming format of your clips out of the camera? Could be they are missing leading zeros or something which is causing them to sort out of order. I've seen this a couple of times before with my GH1. I used to bulk rename with leading zeros before importing to fix.

In the Keyboard Shortcuts search for "scrub", Toggle Audio During Scrubbing" should appear first.

To add markers to actual clips, load them into the source monitor, not the timeline. Markers added to the timeline do not attach to the actual clip, but only mark actual points in the timeline.

6. Collapse Details
    I figured out the scrub while I was on hold with tech support.

I'm using the Sony NX5U files 00000.mts.

So I probably have to match frame then add a marker to the clip. Another extra step as for FCP it was on the fly.

One last question. Any luck with being able to break stereo audio clips apart? Mine are unhighlighted. Got it, follow link below for those that are frustrated as hell and trying to learn a new NLE.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/digital-vi...-premiere-pro/
    Last edited by Abu Reno; 05-29-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    I am a sexy beast!

7. Collapse Details
    Add clip marker in timeline: set keyboard shortcut first.
    Select clip in timeline and hit whatever you set.
    Dont need to open in SM first.
    Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
    Adobe Community Professional

8. Collapse Details
    Since Encore CS6 trial is non-functional, can anyone confirm yes/no that Encore can import multi-channel audio (5.1 LPCM, 5.1 AC3 from standalone encoders - not the Surcode plugin, etc.)? It would be great not to have to use tsMuxer to get 5.1 LPCM BDs authored.

9. Collapse Details
    So I have an iMac/6970m system and while I was able to get OpenCL acceleration working, it's glitchy - I'll randomly get kernel panics while editing or rendering projects out. Guess I better just hold off on using GPU acceleration until Adobe officially supports this card.
    I shoot everything on 8mm tape. BALLER STATUS

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Reno View Post

I'm using the Sony NX5U files 00000.mts.

So I probably have to match frame then add a marker to the clip. Another extra step as for FCP it was on the fly.
    You might try to use Prelude to ingest the Sony files without transcoding. I know there are special details about copying the whole directory structure for Sony that I see before importing? There is an option in Prelude to import "File Directory", "Sony HDV", "XDCAM", etc. Sorry, not familiar with Sony files.

You could also browse the files in Bridge to rename them before importing them to the project. You can sort by time stamp or other criteria there, and embed the time stamp or other meta data automatically as part of the file name to get teh correct sort order for now.

In Premiere, you can also use "Automate to Timeline" to transfer the clips you want to the Timeline as a rough cut, with transitions. The two options are "Sort Order", or "Selection Order". If you use Ctrl-Click (on a PC) to select the clips in the order that you want them from the Project window, they will go onto the timeline in that order.

Just learning CS6 myself, so take those FWIW. Others might have a better answer on Sony files.

Cheers!
    Michael

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast