Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Dave, I wasn't trying to discourage Jackson from talking about the product, but we always have a fine line that needs to be walked. Believe me I have had to walk it myself. It was the link that kind of put it in the "oops" area.

Personally, I think it is great customer service when there is an opportunity for a retailer to address concerns, and they take the time to do so.

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah, that's true. I've been guilty of doing that myself, and it's hard not to do.

BTW. I've tried multiple time to contact the right people at DVXuser to become a sponsor and I have not gotten any reply.
    David Fisk
    Sales Manager
    K-Tek/M. Klemme Technology Corp.
    dave@ktekbooms.com

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by davefisk View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I've been guilty of doing that myself, and it's hard not to do.

BTW. I've tried multiple time to contact the right people at DVXuser to become a sponsor and I have not gotten any reply.
    That's odd, I emailed them a day or two ago and they just got back to me. I assumed you were already a sponsor though.

And thanks for the support. I have used K-tek booms and the quality is top notch.

- JM
    *Formerly Entity*

4. Collapse Details
    Anyone here bought and used the Lux Falcon?
    IS it a cable thru design? Internal cable?
    Opinions on the product?
    Chris Tompkins

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by videoatlanta View Post
    Opinions on the product?
    I've been busy with work and an ASL class... the final was last night, so I'll be able to test the 12' pole I bought a few weeks ago. I don't believe it has the internal cable option.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Miller View Post
    That's odd, I emailed them a day or two ago and they just got back to me. I assumed you were already a sponsor though.

And thanks for the support. I have used K-tek booms and the quality is top notch.

- JM
    I tried repeatedly last year to contact the advertising people and got a little information, but then when I we ready to pull the trigger, all my e-mails went ignored. As we get busier, I have less time to deal with keeping on top of other people, so it kind of fell by the wayside. I want to be a DVX user sponsor. I just need people to reply to my e-mails.
    David Fisk
    Sales Manager
    K-Tek/M. Klemme Technology Corp.
    dave@ktekbooms.com

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by videoatlanta View Post
    Opinions on the product?
    Hi Chris,

I just responded to your email, but just so others know, currently our poles can't be internally wired unless you know how to solder and work with cable.

Several customers have gone that route. Basically you have to remove the top connector, thread the wire through and out a drilled hole, and re-solder the connector. Not something the average user is eager to do and no drilling etc is covered by warranty, but I do know customers have carried out the whole process succesfully.

So why is the pole designed this way? Well basically it comes down to cost. The top section is a tad too thin to fit and XLR connector through. The entire pole is a bit thinner than most boom poles and it is probably the lightest pole you will ever use as a result. The actual carbon fiber wall is very sturdy and thick enough to offer just the right amount of flex. Making the pole diameter bigger would raise costs to the point that we would be missing our target buyers: those with limited budgets.

It is unfortunate but like I said, the pole is extremely light as a result while still being very sturdy.

I may eventually come out with an internally wired version but this is by no means definite and the design phase hasn't even begun. These things take months and I'm actually a college student myself .

Don't hesistate to ask if you have more questions.
    *Formerly Entity*

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stevens View Post
    All right, all right. It's just hard to afford all this gear!
    ... Complaining about a $120 boom pole is stupid, good gear is expensive, you should probably get used to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123