Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Does anyone use the Sony NEX FS100
    I post the same question in a another forum but did not get any reply.

Most of my work is wedding and currently using the 7D for that.
    I love the footage from the 7D but the lack of focus assist , x4,x8 while recording and a good audio bring some limitations to my work.
    If there is anyone here that use the fs100 for weddingS then I would love to hear how they like it compare to a DSLR.

2. Collapse Details
    Most of the people here use the FS100. I don't do weddings but think the fs100 would probably work just fine in that environment. (actually it would probably work much better)
    Sony FS 700 / Sony FS100 (x2) / BMCC 2.5/

3. Collapse Details
    I love it for weddings. IMO much better than a 7d for weddings but that's preference

4. Collapse Details
    I do conferences and exhibitions, which are sort of like weddings. TBH, there's no contest in my view - the FS100 wins for sheer usability, long records, long battery life, on-board audio, better noise (or lack thereof).

The low detail creamy/dreamy look of a DSLR, the non-threatening stance, its ability to go where most video cameras cannot go, is fine. It has a look some (not all) clients love and pay for.

There's part of me that thinks I'd trust an EX1R on a wedding more than the FS100 (ability to A-B roll the cards, good fixed lens with awesome reach, native format that's quick to edit and easy to live with at 35mbits, twisty screen that you can view holding the camera overhead). If you're being paid to deliver high quality results under duress and time pressures, the EX1R is still a great, great camera that may lack sex appeal but deilvers great looking images.

DSLRs? Great for stills on weddings. How are you going to do the speeches with 'about' 12 minutes? How many batteries are you going to have to fiddle with that give out really quickly? How are you going to pull focus? Slomo is all the rage, want to rely on Twixtor for everything?

Sorry, long day (shooting on my EX1, though I took my FS100). Love my DSLR, but it's a welcome guest on most jobs, and there's only a few when it's the go-to choice (like filming interviews in Lebanon and Cairo earlier this year).
    Director/Editor - MDMA Ltd: Write, Shoot, Edit, Publish - Showreel, www.mdma.tv & Blog
    EX1 x2, C100 --> FCPX & now CS6

5. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    If there is anyone here that use the fs100 for weddingS then I would love to hear how they like it compare to a DSLR.
    I donīt do weddings (I actually hate them), but Iīm the only DP in the family and my brother in law twisted my arm, so I did his.
    Here you can see what you can get out of a FS100 on a wedding (or similar event)
    All shouldermount/handheld with full manual Samyang 35mm and 85mm primes.

Frank

frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

6. Collapse Details
    I am not new to the wedding filming (WWW.NostalgicFrames.COM), I actually used to shoot weddings with the sonY FX1000 until the 7D was introduced.
    What I Dont Like about the 7D is that I have to get out of record every time i need a reassurance that I am in focus. Even with the VF zacuto I still don't get the reassurance. I really hope that with the FS 100 with the focus assist and the x4 and x8 will give me the reassurance of focusing.
    Can anyone express there experience with focusing while shooting weddings (especially when walking down the isle)

7. Collapse Details
    I responded to your posting in the other forum.

8. Collapse Details
    Great,thank you.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm only talking from personal experience here and not in relation to the wedding's, but with the expanded focus, x8 to me, was vritually useless, it was really hard to judge any sort of focus off it at all, x4 was really good and I could make an accurate focus with that.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamR View Post
    , but with the expanded focus, x8 to me, was vritually useless, it was really hard to judge any sort of focus off it at all,
    Why is that?
    The 7D x10 doing great job when the object is far away from you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast