Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfocus88 View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. who honestly has the time to google web videos and go through old posts to prove a point? It's a 5 thousand dollar camera. It's working great for some, for others, not so much.

I just come to this forum for occasional info & to see work examples, but we're beating a dead horse here.
    Oh, sorry you feel backing up an argument with data to prove a point is somehow wrong. Honestly, how long do you think it takes to do a google search? I didn't need to go through old posts as Dan has repeated the same diatribe over and over without showing examples. Now he has posted examples we can see that he has difficulty using the camera. I have explained, sometimes at length, how to use the camera and avoid sensor reflections which are common to _all_ large sensor cameras.

Shooting with a wide open aperture and pointing the camera at the subject in shadow in front two huge windows which are blown out to b*ggery is poor camera technique. Even if there were no sensor reflections the image is still horrifyingly bad and any competent camera operator would be embarrassed to shoot in such a way. If that is not user error what is it?

I, and many other people here could explain to Dan how to shoot that scene without sensor reflections but he is not interested. Presumably it's more fun to troll and pretend you're some big shot that shoots a ton of film with $60,000 dollar lenses.

I am all for giving camera companies a hard time and giving them stern feedback when they let the side down but these so called deficiencies are down to poor craft and not poor equipment.

CU

2. Collapse Details
    Oh, sorry you feel backing up an argument with data to prove a point is somehow wrong. Honestly, how long do you think it takes to do a google search?
    Yup, I could see that reply coming up 6th avenue in a cab.

Continue your argument gentlemen, I'll just go back to work…..
    Sony FS100, Canon 7D and two pugs
    scottfrosch.com

my vimeo

3. Collapse Details
    Once again Nirv points out the logical. I come to these forums to better my craft and to
    find ways to work around the short comings of what ever I am using at the time, in this
    case it happens to be the FS100.
    I view these forums as an aid to just that professionals coming together to share there
    experiances in the field and knowlege learned, so that we can all produce a better product.
    The knowledge and information I have gained here has greatly improved my work with this
    camera and at a much faster rate than if I were to rely on my own.
    Dan offers nothing to assist me in that, he only show me his lack of skill and willingness
    to learn. His post offer nothing of substance.
    Last edited by Gary W; 05-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary W View Post
    Once again Nirv points out the logical. I come to these forums to better my craft.
    Dan offers nothing to assist me in that, he only show me his lack of skill and willingness
    to learn. His post offer nothing of substance.
    What I see is a handful of people being completely rude, further judging someone's skill when none of them have work up for others to see. If you want to talk about someone's skill, make your work public. Dan's put his work up a few times in the threads he's started.

I also see accusations of someone trolling that clearly is not trolling. It's simply someone that has a different opinion on the tool. If you don't like it, stop bumping the thread combating his opinion. If you sincerely believe he's trolling and his posts aren't useful to this forum, report his posts so that the rest of the mods can have a look at it.

5. Collapse Details
    If you don't like it, stop bumping the thread combating his opinion. If you sincerely believe he's trolling and his posts aren't useful to this forum, report his posts so that the rest of the mods can have a look at it.

Good Idea.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678