Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Chris posted about it here.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks Mike

Much appreciated!!! The sprung rod we are talking about here, Phil, just fastens on the front bracket under the lens hood and goes to a waist belt....with the rig and the rod, your camera is virtually weightless!! It's a big relief when I have things to shoot like a bride and groom being congratulated by 100 guests so you have to stand there without wobbling for 15 minutes!!!

If anyone needs some dimensions and specs just let me know and I'll attach a little drawing for you!

Chris

3. Collapse Details
    There is a lot about these high end stabilizing solutions with using Gyros, but why not a tried and trusted Steady Cam rig with a body stabilizer?
    You could probably find a reasonably priced used package for under $500. Could even go ebay and find some Indian/chinese versions for under $300.
    If your moving around and have stability issues, this seems the simplest and cheapest solution... also doesn't necessarily require one start weightlifting again.

On a side note. There are tons of these gyro DIY setups, ive seen being made from using old laptop 2.5in hard drives.
    You could build something like that for next to nothing.

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Daihard

I used a Stedicam at wedding photoshoots but it's not a practical solution at all for general work...your issue is usually the delay time for suiting up and when in the vest you are pretty restricted to do anything else!! Besides to fly something like an AC-160 you would need something like a Pilot which even used would be around $3K ..I have a modified Flycam rig that they made up specially for me and even the stock ones that don't work well are around the $2K mark or half that if you find a used one. The idea of an SM rig is to be able to grab and shoot with absolutely no setup needed...it normally takes me around 10 minutes to suitup and put a cam on the sled at a wedding and another 10 mins to get back to normal!! Nice footage IF you have the time and nothing else to control..I run two AC-130's at weddings and a back camera so my hands are full!!

The gyro systems using HDD's sound fascinating....worth looking into as computer shops would have piles of dud drives that still spin!!!

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12