1. Collapse Details
    Sound Devices PIX 240 - now includes 1:1 and false color
    I didn't see this reported anywhere else, but it looks like Sound Devices has added some very nice firmware updates that make the PIX 240 a more well-rounded all-purpose production tool.
    http://news.creativecow.net/story/868673

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Looks like they've added zebras, false color exposure, focus-in-red, peaking, and magnified 1:1 focus assist, as well as a whole bunch of other features.

Didn't even realize until I got to the end of that video, but -- it allows you to record audio from the SDI (or HDMI) as well as from the XLRs! I don't think it used to be able to do that, did it? That means you can actually use it as a full four-channel XLR device now, plugging two channels into your camera (which will be embedded in the SDI feed out to the PIX) and two channels directly into the PIX...

All in a free firmware update. That's pretty cool!

4. Collapse Details
    excellent !
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    it allows you to record audio from the SDI (or HDMI) as well as from the XLRs! I don't think it used to be able to do that, did it? That means you can actually use it as a full four-channel XLR device now, plugging two channels into your camera (which will be embedded in the SDI feed out to the PIX) and two channels directly into the PIX..
    You could also use the 2 XLR connectors as a 4-channel digital input, using a mixer which outputs 4-channel digital (such as their own 552 mixer).
    And at the same time feed any or all the channels from the mixer mixed to 2 channels into the 2 XLR inputs of the the camera.

6. Collapse Details
    I like it allot when they add functions in stuff one already owns. Interesting to see what the 3.0 OS from Atomos brings.

7. Collapse Details
    I saw these updates at NAB.

One more reason SD rocks!
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

8. Collapse Details
    Looks like a great product. This really makes me sad about the 5DMKIII. I was all ready to get a PIX and match it with the HDMI output of the 5DMKIII. Oh well...