1. Collapse Details
    My first Promo film
    Hi All,

Stepping away from my usual wildlife films, here is a short Promo I was asked to do by a friend who is a Guitar Luthier ... Please take a look and give me your critique ... Be gentle(ish) its my first time and the first time my subject hasn't been scaly or furry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPQN...&feature=g-upl

Cheers

Dean

P.s It was shot with my trusty EX1 edited in Prem Pro with a touch of Magic Bullet

2. Collapse Details
    It's a good short! The audio is a bit low, I believe.

3. Collapse Details
    Nice footage. Love the background music.

I have two gripes.

First, the narration audio levels are definitely too low.

Second, the narration sounds too fake and rehearsed, like he's reading it off a card. This unfortunately cheapens the video and gives it a made for bad public tv in the 80's vibe, which is definitely not a good thing these days.

I would suggest redoing the voice over completely. Help him to relax and make the tone more conversational. Here's a video some friends of mine made to give you an idea of what i'm talking about http://vimeo.com/36370582

Fix that narration and you'll have a great promo piece!

4. Collapse Details
    I didn't find the narration bad at all. I would lean towards taking the above advice though anyways. I liked it. Nice job.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

5. Collapse Details
    Cheers for the replies

Touching on the audio... I totally agree!!! My friend is painfully shy and I tried to sit him in front of the camera but after around 9 attempts that was a definite no, no even after a lot of laughs and a beer! ... He decided to do the VO himself at home on an old Zoom recorder and then sent me the wav files. I tried to make it as good as I could (you should hear the original) Yes I could have made it louder...

Thanks again for taking the time to watch and critique

Dean