Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Awake in the Woods - My DIY camera crane/jib Short
    Hey everyone, this is a demo I put together of me using only the camera mounted to my camera jib I built. As for specs it will reach approximately 8ft (depending on tripod height), can fit in a small car and should only cost $20 or less. I will create a tutorial later on, but wanted to test it out first and make adjustments if needed. Thanks for watching.

Here is the thread with the tutorial to watch the build: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...mera-crane-jib
    Last edited by krotoflik; 05-25-2012 at 07:09 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Not bad at all! If its really $20, I would really like to see that tutorial!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Liszön! View Post
    Not bad at all! If its really $20, I would really like to see that tutorial!
    Thanks, I am currently testing a couple modifications at the moment before creating the DIY. But it should definetely be about $20. Maybe less, :O who knows. ;)

4. Collapse Details
    looks good

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jambredz View Post
    looks good
    Thanks! I decided to alter the design a tad so the tutorial is still to come. Just want to make sure I am 100% happy before making it. Should still be about $20.

6. Collapse Details
    some of the shots are lovely. how did you do focus pulls while on the crane?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by richg101 View Post
    some of the shots are lovely. how did you do focus pulls while on the crane?
    ;) You are not the only one who has asked me that. Its pretty straight forward, but I will discuss that once I create the tutorial. So be on the look out! I think today I might finish the changes then I can test and confirm things are good to go. This coming weekend I have free so I will shoot for the DIY then. Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    mental note added

9. Collapse Details
    Did you make that tutorial yet on the Diy

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by xxtreemfilmz View Post
    Did you make that tutorial yet on the Diy
    Hey man, well I did finish the changes and I am much more satisfied with it now. I will try and shoot the tutorial tomorrow or Saturday and hopefully have everything together for a Monday upload. Even with the improved changes its still only $20 or less. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast