Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Since I'm out in dusty environments many time, having lots of Nikon options & changing lenses often is not very desirable thus my interest in the new 12-35, along with other nice features this lens seems to have.
    I do have the older 14-50 2.8-3.5 Lumix which is OK although no constant F2.8, plus a Tamron 28-105 2.8 which has always done well. So I'm OK, I just like the smaller new lenses coming out...hate the cost though.

2. Collapse Details
    Voigtlander 25mm .95

3. Collapse Details
    The Voigtlander does look nice I'll grant you.

4. Collapse Details
    I recently got the new Lumix X 45-175mm f4-5.6 motorized zoom, and I really like the way it works with the AF100. The lens communicates perfectly with the AF100, updating all numerical displays and auto-focusing quickly and quietly. The zoom works either manual or motorized, has three speed settings, and holds focus well at the slowest setting. In addition, the front barrel of the lens neither rotates nor extends when either zooming or focusing. That makes it very convenient to use with a matte box or steadicam. IMHO, it's the most usable long zoom yet for the AF100.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lpowell View Post
    I recently got the new Lumix X 45-175mm f4-5.6 motorized zoom, and I really like the way it works with the AF100.
    When stopped down to f/5.6 does the aperture fluctuate as the lens zooms?

How do you like the lens on the GH2?

Is it usuable handheld?

Thanks,
    Bern

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    When stopped down to f/5.6 does the aperture fluctuate as the lens zooms?
    No, the aperture is steady at f5.6 and narrower, with no audible clicks. Panasonic seems to have figured out how to eliminate the iris clicking you can hear in legacy Four Thirds lenses.

With OIS at the wide end of the zoom range, the 45-175mm is totally handholdable, especially on the GH2 (and the GH1 as well, minus on-screen displays). On the AF100, it depends on how conveniently your rig is set up for left hand access to the lens' zoom controls. I have a Manfrotto 521PFI iris/focus remote mounted on the front of the AF100's top handle, and that setup works well with the 45-175mm's zoom buttons.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Robbins View Post
    I do have the older 14-50 2.8-3.5 Lumix which is OK although no constant F2.8,
    I have that lens as well, and think it works pretty well on the AF... it's not constant 2.8, but it IS constant if set to 3.5, just a half stop lower. Nice smooth zoom and focus rings (albeit the latter is infinitely spinny), and iris doesn't change mid-zoom. Sharpness and speed a little better than the 14-140, range a little better than the 12-35.

Frankly I wish is sucked a lot more than the 12-35, because then I wouldn't hesitate to sell it.

9. Collapse Details
    I did notice the smooth zoom which is nice; I hadn't thought to set it on 3.5 for a constant zoom - thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234