Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    This was fun. I genuinely enjoyed the ride.

I'd definitely encourage you to pursue this as an ongoing web series. It just feels right.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

2. Collapse Details
    As always, if you haven't seen this short yet, please stop reading this post as there are SPOILERS throughout.

What I liked: Your usage of jokes from other movies, internet meme's etc is up there, and that's a good thing. ESPECIALLY if you continue this onward. I really thought when he went down and said, "Ow! My knee!" there was going to be an "arrow to the knee" reference. The sound effects were a great add. REALLY added a lot. I'd like to see an entire episode devoted to each of the "clans."

What I didn't like as much: I was confused by a couple of things. References to chainsaws, guns, etc, yet they used those basketball noisemaking things as weapons? I didn't understand how she got separated from him in the woods. Why did the guy pass him instead of follow him? There were also things I just didn't get in it. Maybe it's Portland stuff. ::shrugs:: I didn't understand the shoe at the end. I was preeeetty confused.

Final thought: WARRRRRIORSSS!!! COME OUT AND PLAY!

3. Collapse Details
    RUN GO...GET TO THE CHOMPER!!!

Best line of dialogue from the whole fest!

Really crazy and fun short.

In honor of Tequilawoos line from above we should have a ARNOLD FEST...gotta use a slightly modiffied Arnold line.

Loved the sound effects and the "rolling while throwing dirt " stunts!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan P. Kelly View Post
    RUN GO...GET TO THE CHOMPER!!!

Best line of dialogue from the whole fest!
    I completely disagree with Ryan the best line of the fest was "Share the Road" right before hitting the cyclist. Still laughing at that.

I enjoyed this one for the fun idea that it was and the play on charater types and old Arnold lines. I thought the stunts were well done as well.

Share the road...still funny.

5. Collapse Details
    I thought this was charming in its total out-there zaniness and I very much appreciated that in this field of a lot of very gritty-serious-grrrdiedie war movies. I felt like I was constantly in the flow of action which was great, but also that I was a step behind the jokes -- maybe I'm just uninformed but I felt that stuff was going over my head left and right, even though what I was getting I was enjoying. Like the whole thing was this inside joke I was being let mostly in on. For that mostly bit, congrats and great job!!

6. Collapse Details
    HAHAHAHAHA! Bill this was hilarious! "Get to the Chomper!" "Share the road!" Whap! "Ruptured patella... I'm going to have to do micro-fracture surgery!" Love it! You have some great stuff here especially for us Oregonians (although I know others appreciated it too). Some continuity issues at the beginning with wardrobe but it still worked with the style. You did a great job with what you had. Even with only a few people it totally worked. You have some funny dialog during the slow/dumpster/sit-and-talk scene but it went... too... long... and the humor was lost. The camera work was nice, totally fit the style and was not distracting at all. Watched again and laughed even harder = good sign. =DGreat work!

7. Collapse Details
    This was a stupid fun film. I loved how you categorized everyone into their social groups (chuckle) and it's a flick that just doesn't take itself seriously. While it may not place high in marks, you did something a few of these films didn't do, you made the film -

ENTERTAINING!

Good job (chuckle)!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

8. Collapse Details
    Yep this was an amusing film on the superficial level - (and is all the more amusing and affectionately so) among fellow filmmakers (be warned - less so imo, to a discerning indifferent audience!)

The story is a set of skits among different pop cultural groups with the odd (unexpected individual) though for a sec I though the mountain man would be a hipster haha (if he had skinny jeans and pilot shades!)

so this was a 'fun' and irreverent little film, that was all very geeky and silly. Which is part of its charm, there have been (in the cinematic evolution of things) sophisticated attempts at this kind of geek-pop-culture-humour in films, especially as nerdomia becomes an ever increasing pop cultural obsession and commodity.

So yoru film certainly filled the criteria of 'crowd-pleaser' and had moments of fun - creative and novel ideas that I think indicate a somewhat irreverent and creative mind!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345