Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My three uncles (on my Mother's side), each served 3 tours in Viet Nam and thank God made it out. My Grandmother had beautiful, painted portraits of each of them made. You know the kind, they are really a painted-over picture of them in dress uniform (a bust).

The youngest was a Seabee (Construction Battalion) and was sent in to build roads and airstrips in the thick jungle. He had made a really close friend and as many do/did in the military, they would trade watches, rip a bill in half so they could meet after the tour and have a drink, keep letters to loved ones in case one of them didn't make it, stuff like that.

Unfortunately, one afternoon, while under attack....my uncles friend was killed.

At home and to this very day, a single tear appeared on my uncles painting that very day....and the watch they had traded, stopped at the exact time his friends life ended. There is nothing wrong with the watch (he had taken it to 3 different jewelers), but again, to this day, it won't run.

2. Collapse Details
    Just to mix things up, a 'UFO' story from my dad. Now he doesn't believe the UFO was an alien space craft, he just says it was an unidentified flying object.

When my dad was part of the Israeli Army as a young man in the 70s, he and the entire camp saw a series of lights above the camp in the middle of the night. They thought at first it was a spy satelite, then they thought it was an aircraft. Then it began to move in the most peculiar way, left, right, stopping, moving quickly, turning, and all with no sound to indicate a helicopter. He says it didn't move like one either.

Believing it was a spy craft of some sorts they were ordered to shoot it down. Nothing seemed to affect the movements of these lights, and it never went down, it just went away.

Not sure what I believe it was, but I don't believe in alien space craft. Experimental craft on the other hand...

Never had a ghost experience. Not sure if I believe. I've even slept in the same bed my grand-pa died in, but never experienced anything.
    "Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms." - Alfred Hitchcock

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    and the watch they had traded, stopped at the exact time his friends life ended. There is nothing wrong with the watch (he had taken it to 3 different jewelers), but again, to this day, it won't run.
    This happened with an uncle of mine. At the moment he died the clock stopped working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bernard View Post
    Items would be "lost" then found in the oddest places.
    Someone once told me a story similar to this. Stuff would disappear and would turn up later on when they were cleaning the house. Like one time they found a number of things that went missing in the bathroom neatly lined up underneath their bed. They also used to hear footsteps and the dog would freak out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki-Ki View Post
    She had two drama masks up on each end of the living room. Happy & Sad, you know the ones? They switched. The happy on the left, the sad on the right.
    That is seriously freaky!

4. Collapse Details
    Ki-Ki, your stories are super creepy to me.

My addition: I went to college out here in Oklahoma. It's a small Christian school that used to be an orphanage. My second semester there was overpopulated, and they couldn't get the new dorms up in time, so there were 4 of us in the rooms. I'm a heavy sleeper, and I wake up for very little. Yet one morning at 5:15 AM (a good 5 hours before I'm normally up), I woke up with a jolt. I turned to face the door to the hallway, and there was a shadowy figure there. I'm not talking about "it's dark in here" shadowy. I mean there was no coloring to how deep this black was. It was darker than the rest of the room, which was dark from no lighting. It was closer to a void of color than anything. My bed was a foot or two from the doorway, so this was right in from of my face. I couldn't move. I was petrified. It just stayed there by the beds. Then, I watched this figure move all the way through the room and pass through the opposite wall (which was outside on a first floor building). I didn't fall back asleep.

When my roommates got up, I asked if anything weird happened last night. Nothing.

A few hours later I was outside sitting on a curb not wanting to go back into the room. A girl came up and sat next to me. We talked about something stupid for a minute, then she said, "Hey ... this is going to sound really dumb, I know, but this morning at 5:15 I woke up terrified. I could feel this complete evil feeling around me. I can't really explain it. I started praying until it went away." I hadn't told anyone about what happened by this point.

5. Collapse Details
    I've got another UFO story to add. Nothing uber exciting...

My uncle had a nice cabin on Norris Lake in Tennessee. My brother, mom and dad were there visiting my aunt and uncle. I was 13. The cabin was in its own little cove, no other houses in sight. Most nights we would hang out on a detached deck that overlooked the water. On the last evening of our visit we are out on the deck chatting it up. My dad and uncle go back into the house for something. We see something that looks like a helicopter flying around, following the shoreline. Couldn't hear anything, though. Lost sight of it as it skirted around a point on the lake. Then, from out of no where, the light is shining down directly on us. It felt like the light was no more than 20 feet above our heads, which would've been impossible because the thick woods were much taller than that. There was no sound at all. No wind. I remember my mom saying, just seconds after the light turned on, "Oh, Jesus is taking us home." And then she slowly pulled my brother and I close to her. I have no recollection of how long the light was on us. 10 seconds? 10 minutes? Simply can't recall. The light turned off. And that was it. My aunt has since passed away, but my mom and brother can still testify to the sighting to this day...whatever it was.
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

6. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    A few years ago we stayed several days in a huge old country house called Boringdon Hall in southern England, with a bunch of friends.
    They told us, itīs hunted. So I took my camera right after midnight, went to the big gallery, where the ghost was supposed to appear and waited half an hour.
    Nothing happened. I went downstairs to the guy and ranted (half funny) about the ghost and why he was not there. Than I went to my room to bring my camera back.

I put it back in the bag, when the room suddenly cooled down. I turned around and wanted to leave the room. The door was locked - twice.
    I took my key, opened the door and went out. Usually those doors have this hydraulic arm (because of fire safety) that closes the door smoothly.
    Because of the hydraulics, itīs hard to slam the door shut, even if you want.

This door stopped half way closed, and I was not able to move it an inch (and Iīm a big guy).
    Than it started making sounds like someone wantīs to rip it out of the frame. I thought the 400 years old oak wood would burst into pieces any moment.
    Than it violently slams shut. Than a shadow came true the closed door and went - like cold air- straight trough me.
    My hair was literary standing up.

Frank
    Last edited by Postmaster; 04-24-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Starr View Post
    Just to mix things up, a 'UFO' story from my dad. Now he doesn't believe the UFO was an alien space craft, he just says it was an unidentified flying object.

When my dad was part of the Israeli Army as a young man in the 70s, he and the entire camp saw a series of lights above the camp in the middle of the night. They thought at first it was a spy satelite, then they thought it was an aircraft. Then it began to move in the most peculiar way, left, right, stopping, moving quickly, turning, and all with no sound to indicate a helicopter. He says it didn't move like one either.

Believing it was a spy craft of some sorts they were ordered to shoot it down. Nothing seemed to affect the movements of these lights, and it never went down, it just went away.

Not sure what I believe it was, but I don't believe in alien space craft. Experimental craft on the other hand...

Never had a ghost experience. Not sure if I believe. I've even slept in the same bed my grand-pa died in, but never experienced anything.
    My roommate loves all of the ghost & UFO documentary shows and I'll watch with her now and then. Apparerently there are more UFO sightings in Israel than anywhere else.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by txdp View Post
    Do you know what hotel and room, I live in Dallas. When was this?
    It was about 8 years ago, but I don't remember the hotel. I think it was a Sheraton. What I do remeber, though, was that at the entrance to the hotel restaurant, there was a sign (a very serious sign, not a joke):
    "Please check your firearms." Cool, I thought, I could live here.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord.T View Post
    Oh, here's another good one to further ruin my reputation.

Yes, when I was 16. 1975. I open the door towards the basement steps and I saw a ghost walking across the lower basement area into what was at that time my room.
    At 16 years old, I was sobre, not high, nothing. My brother was sleeping in the upstairs room at the time and I woke him up and told him "I just saw something". (He remembers that.)
    I was so scared I slept upstairs in the living room on the couch that night. In the morning my Mom asked me why I slept there and I said I was too tired to go downstairs.

My brother has one story that happened in the same room but I don't speak for him.

I've never seen that ghost since and I hope I never do again. Not pleasant at all.

Oh, just for fun, I didn't tell this part.

I don't believe in ghosts. Yet I admit to seeing one. So how do I explain that? I can't. I have no explanation for that. (Actually I do)

I used to believe in ghosts until I saw one (above story). After being scared after that I figured if I chose to never believe in ghosts again, I'd never see one again. And so far that's worked alright.

There ya go. Does that explain it? hahaha. There's some psyc for ya.

Just having fun man, just having fun.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 04-26-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

10. Collapse Details
    Last edited by J Davis; 04-27-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    J.Davis
    jdMAX.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast