La République Internationale Des Arts
Quarterly Online Film Contests | The Contestants Are The Jury | $1,000 “Best Film” + $1,000 “Best Jurist” Prizes
We believe that a community of artists knowledgeable about a specific genre or theme are better judges of the quality of their own work than a jury could ever be.
To build online workshop communities of artists with incentives to create and evaluate quality works of art.
Every three months we announce a theme for an online film contest and put out a global call for submissions.
Contestants rate each other's films and the highest-rated films pass on to the next round, but so do the judges whose ratings for films most
closely matched the average of the group.
Each contest awards a monetary prize for both the highest-rated video of the final round and for the most accurate judge of the final round.
2012-2013 Season’s Contests:
• Akrobatika: the world of all arts acrobatic, July 31, 2012
• Chaplain, Keaton, and Bean: Physical Comedy, October 31, 2012 (Tentative)
• Holy Ground: Dance In Unusual Places, January 31, 2013 (Tentative)
• Bon Voyage: Films from the road, April 30, 2013 (Tentative)[/INDENT]Who We Are:
• James - MIT alumnus, École Nationale de Cirque graduate, former artistic director at Cirque du Soleil, and current student at Wharton Business School.
• Lena – Professional acrobat, director, producer, and choreographer of live shows, and graduate of Berlin’s State School of Ballet and Circus Arts.
SUBMIT A FILM TO AKROBATIKA | JOIN OUR MAILING LIST | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | VISIT OUR WEBPAGE
Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-23-2012 08:23 PM
- Join Date
- Apr 2012