1. Collapse Details
    Finally Perfect balance
    Smile
    I had the EF C300 since Mid February and loving it.
    Among my shoots I do some doc work that requires sometime lot of handheld.
    I have a Redrock cage and Shape shoulder mount.
    I used to have some issues with the Rig being too front heavy until I found the perfect balance for me.
    Now while running around I avoid using my chrosziel matte box (415 4x5 ) until I need to use ND grads or other filters,it just made the front too heavy.
    The second thing that solved it for me was moving the Canon monitor to the back of the Rig using a 15mm to Hot shoe adapter.
    I slide The Anton bower in the back until i find the perfect balance and now I can shoot forever: compared to hand held with Red or Alexa this setup is super lightweight.
    Now I’m just waiting for the Zacuto Handgrip Relocator and I’m completely set…
    I just need a firmware update that will give us 10 Bit and I will not be mad at the C500 anymore
    IMG_1078.jpgIMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpgIMG_0160.jpg
    Also: My C300 Flying on a steadicam from some show i shot (in Flipmode).

2. Collapse Details
    Good looking rig! Balance (and being able to maintain it with change) is always so important no matter what you're configuration is.

I know you're a bit mad about the C500, but if you can bare it, watch the behind the scenes from Man and Beast and you'll see I was able to build a setup with an ultraCage so that the steadicam operator could balance an underslung C500 with the huge Canon 60-300mm Cine-Zoom. Some pretty versatile setup's we've got going on here with these smaller cameras.

I hope you're enjoying your ultraCage and C300!

Cheers,

Loren Simons
    Last edited by Loren Simons; 04-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I plan on doing something similar. Unfortunately I still wait for my UltraCage, which I ordered Feb 29th Seems to be hard to get them shipped to Europe.

4. Collapse Details
    Loren, we ordered 8 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the cage? Europe not getting any or what is going on? Our dealer in Germany says you can´t give him a shipment-date.

We are now looking for alternatives, although the UltraCage looks good.

5. Collapse Details
    Alpi,

I have PM'ed you

6. Collapse Details
    Guy - It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I've attached my initial configuration. I originally repositioned the audio/monitor module to the rear but I've since found that I can balance nicely with Anton Dionic HCX and nanoFlash or other 3rd party recorder mounted in or at rear of cage. I, too, am eagerly awaiting handgrip replacement options.
    Cheers,

Stephen McCarthy
    Cinematographer
    Boston

IMG_2146.lo.jpg

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Stephen,
    Looks good, another nice hybrid. i'm still looking for is a better way to mount the EVF, Letus35 just released a system that looks really good and sturdy (it locks on both top 15mm rods from above)
    but i'm not sure if you can get it separately.
    Guy

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alpi69 View Post
    Loren, we ordered 8 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the cage? Europe not getting any or what is going on? Our dealer in Germany says you can´t give him a shipment-date.

We are now looking for alternatives, although the UltraCage looks good.
    This is the rig I am looking for https://vimeo.com/42131269 it looks better and is Deutsch gründlich!

Grüsse aus Holland.

9. Collapse Details
    I absolutely love the Denz system. Does anyone know if it is (or will be) available in the US?