Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Firmware update 1.23 24.04.2012 for 160 already available

2. Collapse Details
    Has anyone tried updating his or her video camera yet with this?

3. Collapse Details
    I just saw him, I'll wait a few days to read some impressions, although not think I can wait more than 24 hours.
    LOL

4. Collapse Details
    I just did the update. My AC-160 does record sound now in the 60P 1080 mode. I hear the sound when playing back on the camera or to a TV using HDMI.

However, bringing the new 60P footage into Premiere Pro CS5, the audio doesn't come in at all. The icon just shows the video, not the video plus audio. My older Panasonic TM700, which has a 60P mode in 1080 shows audio in Premiere Pro CS5 just fine.

So the update to the camera worked (follow the PDF instructions), but I currently can't seem to get the audio to show up in my editing program.

UPDATE: Premiere Pro DOES recognize audio using the new 60P, but in the Dolby setting only, not in LPCM audio mode.

That's what I know for now. Until later.
    Last edited by DTeubner; 04-24-2012 at 05:05 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Everything OK under Sony Vegas Pro 10.

6. Collapse Details
    another coding problem... when record in LPCM no audio in premiere pro, Panasonic need to fix this

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dxl View Post
    another coding problem... when record in LPCM no audio in premiere pro, Panasonic need to fix this
    More than likely it has more to do with Premiere Pro's default presets.

If you bring your footage into Premiere Pro CS5 (or later) and drag-and-drop the footage icon onto the "New" sequence icon at the bottom of the program tab, it "should" produce a sequence that is compatible with the A/V source. Using the presets in Premiere, 1080p60 would be set to Dolby audio (since that's always been the case for AVCHD recordings until the AC160A which now CAN record PCM at 1080p60).

Try the drag-and-drop sequence method and see if you have better results. You can always create your own custom sequence presets as well if this works.

8. Collapse Details
    no 60p +LPCM in premiere pro doesnt work, thanks for the input tho

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dxl View Post

Why would you consider this to be Panasonic's problem?

The exact same problem in Premier Pro 5.5.2 has been reported many months ago by Sony NEX FS100 users recording AVCHD in 1080/60p with LPCM audio.
    Last edited by LanceOregon; 05-05-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    Canon Vixia HF G10. PANASONIC AG-AC130 . PANASONIC GH2 AND GH3 . Nikon D600. Adobe Premier Pro CS 6
    Canon Directional Stereo Microphone DM100 . RODE VIDEOMIC PRO . AUDIO-TECHNICA BP4029 STEREO SHOTGUN MICROPHONE

10. Collapse Details
    I got the trial version of Premiere Pro 6 and 60p (also 50p) with LPCM audio is working just fine. So, I'm guessing that, whatever the problem is, it has been fixed for CS6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast