Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    thanks guys. Looks like i'll have to shell out for after effects. is there a work around in premier for now? My mate will be applying any AE lighting efx like torches and street lights, but i like sticking with editing and grading if i can. and will pass it on to him for his part later on.

A few early tests in urban surroundings made me feel it is near impossible to get it realistic. cars and reflective objects dont look convincing. being in woodland made things a lot easier. though as a photoshop professional, working with photo post processing on a daily basis I just used similar techniques in premier where possible. i considered importing into photoshop as animations at one point!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Evans View Post
    Id use after effects to create a mask and roto through, most accurate way to incorporate shapes etc. What you could to is create the mask first, duplicate only the masked section and add a luma key or similar to knock it down more specifically.
    for now i will take a screen grab and use it as a guide when making custom masks in photoshop (my comfort zone). though this will only do for static tripod shots. AE will be required for moving/pans i assume? thanks for your advice

3. Collapse Details
    For pans or shots with movements, it will depend on the type of movement in the shot. Just a simple pan, with a nice even speed, could use a keyframed .psd file in Premiere, using the basic motion controls. A handheld scene, with irregular movement, would need AE with it's tracking abilities and keyframable bezier masks.
    Wedding/surf videographer on the Gold Coast, Australia.

Canon 5dmkIII & 60D, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 150-500mm OS.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the comments. I tried layering a graduated mask over the top of the footage and couldnt quite get it right. Looked too processed. I just had a go with some more footage taken a few days later. it was hard to match them but i dont think its too bad a job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYcIY6lP8yw

the scenes with movement help greatly with realism.

5. Collapse Details
    When you do get AE.... here's a great tutorial, but it's still worth watching now too.
    http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial...ht_conversion/

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    When you do get AE.... here's a great tutorial, but it's still worth watching now too.
    http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial...ht_conversion/

Thanks watching now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12