1. Collapse Details
    Footage wont import properly
    I've tried every codec under the sun, native, from the camera, from the raw p2 data, "as is" and "drop duplicate frames" but every time I import footage it is jacked up. Not sure what is going on here. On the right of the pic, you can see how the data before import plays. Motion blur looks natural, but on the left you see what is happening every time I input. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Oh and I'm using FCP7.

BadP2import.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    Need much, much more detail. What kind of footage is it? What exact recording format did you use? What are your exact L&T settings? What's the sequence setting that you're viewing on?

It's not enough just to say your footage doesn't import correctly and you've tried everything.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great tutorials - see screen shots, preview reels, and more

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

3. Collapse Details
    It is DVCproHD 1080i/24p. Sequence is not built yet. Just importing files into the bin. Used the P2 Plugin to take footage from the camera and transcoded it to ProRes 422 as well as DVCproHD and plain ol' Native during import process. Also Copied the raw MXF files over to a hard drive and imported with PR, DVCproHD and Native with the same results. Both ways of source importing I tried with "remove advanced pulldown and duplicate frames checked and unchecked. Everything plays fine in the preview before import, but once imported looks like poo.

4. Collapse Details
    If you shot 1080/24p and not 1080/24pA, then you want to import as 1080i (60i). Don't try to make 24p files out of it. You will do that in Cinema Tools after L&T.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great tutorials - see screen shots, preview reels, and more

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE