Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone tried CCTV lenses with their GH1/GH2?

I've been looking at a few lenses on eBay and I came across a few CCTV lenses, with pretty incredibly specs. 25mm f1.4, for only $30 However, they look VERY 'plasticy' and cheap. I'm curious how good the quality is with these lenses, sharpness, colour fringing, vig, etc. Has anyone used any of these lenses before? If so, would you mind posting a few frame grabs of your footage? Thanks alot

- Take care, Conner Wilson.

2. Collapse Details
    There are some rare gems, most of them are a carnival side show

3. Collapse Details
    Bump for interest.

4. Collapse Details
    they are fun to play with but thats about it usually unless you are after a certain look. try and get one that covers the image sensor as much as possible eg 1" or so. i have an avenir 25 f1.4 that looks great but its mount is to big so it doesnt sit deep enough in the adaptor to focus properly. another thing you have to watch out for. something along the lines of 40-38mm or less. sharpness etc is hit and miss unless someone has already reviewed it. cmount lenses made for the manufacturing industry are pretty good in optics but they usually fetch a higher price.
    Last edited by MR Fanny; 04-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes I just received my Fotasy f/1.7 35mm cctv a few days ago and I really like using it. I am brand new to the DSLR video thing, and this was my first lens with a sub f/3.5, so I will be a terrible judge as I haven't tried any "respected" lenses, but I do enjoy using it. The focus ring has a nice grip to it and turns very smoothly. Somehow it doesn't feel as cheap as the stock 14-42mm lens that came with the camera.

6. Collapse Details
    Some of the Chinese CCTV lens like the Fujian Brand, are all metal, so they seem well built. But the shape of the lens makes it very soft on the edges unless you stop it down to f22. OK for shallow DOF shots but not wide angle, unless you want a dreamy look. This is a shot with the Fujian 35mm f1.7 and Century Optics Anamorphic Adapter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Collapse Details
    this is a quote from a cctv lens blog:

Canon’s 1″ lenses have a model number starting “PV” or “V”, the 2/3″ lenses start with a “J”. The Canon V6x17, f2 17-102mm covers the micro 4/3rds sensor pretty well with just a little vignetting at the shorter end. The Canon V6x16, f1.9 16-100mm vignettes a little more but is still useable on some subjects. There are others:
    Canon TV Zoom V10x15 2.8/15-150mm
    Canon TV Zoom V6x16 1.9/16-100mm
    Canon TV Zoom V6x16 2/16.5-95mm
    Canon TV Zoom V6x17 2/17-102mm
    Canon TV Zoom V6x18 1.6/18-108mm
    Canon TV Zoom V6x18 2.5/18-108mm
    Canon TV Zoom V5x20, 2.5/20-100mm

Fujinon’s 1″ lenses begin with a “C” if I remember correctly. You may pay more for these:
    Fujinon-TV Zoom C10x16A, 1.8/16-160mm
    Fujinon-TV Zoom C10x16, 2.5/16-160mm
    Fujinon-TV Zoom C6x17.5, 1.8/17.5-105
    Fujinon-TV Zoom 20-100 (I think)
    Fujinon-TV Zoom C14x25, 3.5/25-350mm
    The Schneider Kreuznach Variogon f2/18-90mm is a nice lens made for 1″ sensors but again, may cost a little more.
    The Carl Zeiss Jena Vario Tevidon f2/18-90mm is also a very nice lens (comes in c-mount and Tevidon bayonet), but liable to fetch a high price.
    Other budget options may be lenses by Computar, Cosmicar, Tarcus, VT, Ernitec, Navitar:
    Cosmicar TV Zoom 1.5/22.5-90mm
    Computar TV Zoom 2.0/17-102mm
    Ernitec TV zoom 1.8/16-160MM
    Navitar DOZ-1016, 2.0/16-160mm
    Navitar 7000 Zoom 2.5/18-108mm (macro lens, much copied or made for other names)
    I’m sure there are others too, particularly the above lenses made with other names on them, so if you see an unfamiliar manufacturer’s name with a likely looking focal length you might get a bargain.

i really like to get my hands on a 1" zoom for my needs. anyobody has one?

8. Collapse Details
    I have "Canon TV Zoom V6x18 2.5/18-108mm" that one!

I can throw it on ebay perhaps...

------------
    Dave
    Fear and Loathing in Raleigh, NC
    ------------
    www.vimeo.com/greeches
    www.youtube.com/greeches

------------
    "Art of seduction, Alcohol introduction."
    "A man who looks where he walks, never steps in sh*t."

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by greeches View Post
    I have "Canon TV Zoom V6x18 2.5/18-108mm" that one!

I can throw it on ebay perhaps...
    thanks..
    but i think i better stick to a wider zoom (below 10mm) on ETC mode..
    i need to get my hands on THIS.

10. Collapse Details
    I have the Rainbow 8-48 mm F1.0 and love it. Modified it to acquire infinity focus. I also have the Pentax 6mm f1.2 that took
    some effort to modify to work with my GH2 in the ETC mode. Check it out at http://youtu.be/DDPn5uhlPYg
    I'm putting it up on the market for $125.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast