Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nuno. Please stay on track and direct your comments to discussion on the 1D - C. Not your thoughts on what you perceive others get (post removed).
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ramsey View Post
    Then why did you bring it up?
    And why are you fueling the fire even further??

Why do I get the sense that if we were on opposite sides, I would have been given a warning about trying to TROLL?

What's wrong with these moderators all of the sudden? You're the ones doing the trolling on this thread?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Dias View Post
    Yes, but at what speed does this camera records the 12 bit file? Do you know?
    They're uncompressed 12-bit DNG's right off the sensor at 2.5K. It's as simple as those images being copied directly to the SSD by the imaging device with the proper meta data included. It's basically just saving 24 consecutive uncompressed images to an SSD as you record. You're trying to dig deep and find some sort of technical failure that's not there.

4. Collapse Details
    Basically the 1D-c is expensive. Beyond that the image is kind of unknown until use and reviews are out. For the same money one could get an F3. Glad to see 4k is actually being recieved in the marketplace as I think it should be right now - like 3D. Good for some, not for most. I agree with Matt. If they are going to charge $12,000 for the camera drop the DSLR form and put together a real camera body with XLR audio etc... I don't get the $12,000 "crash cam" approach either. The C300 is plenty small to fit in tight spaces.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Evans View Post
    Itll be around 12 usable stops Id imagine, like the c300 and c500 - you can see the short on Shane's blog here: http://www.hurlbutvisuals.com/blog/2...canons-4k-1dc/
    Thanks.

6. Collapse Details
    Some things were said - some replies were made. Done and dusted.

Discuss the 1D C on this thread from now on please.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleProhaska View Post
    They're uncompressed 12-bit DNG's right off the sensor at 2.5K. It's as simple as those images being copied directly to the SSD by the imaging device with the proper meta data included. It's basically just saving 24 consecutive uncompressed images to an SSD as you record. You're trying to dig deep and find some sort of technical failure that's not there.
    Ok I have to keep it up here, because on the BM thread I'll be banned, but what I want too know is at what speed does the camera resolve those 12bits? The 1Dc resolves 8 bits at 500mb/s! The 5D resolves the same 8 bits at 50!!!

Big difference.

Anwser?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Dias View Post
    Ok I have to keep it up here, because on the BM thread I'll be banned, but what I want too know is at what speed does the camera resolve those 12bits? The 1Dc resolves 8 bits at 500mb/s! The 5D resolves the same 8 bits at 50!!!

Big difference.

Anwser?
    From their website: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/pro...era/techspecs/

5 MB per frame. At 24 fps, that's 120MB/s or 960Mb/s

9. Collapse Details
    I don't think you're understanding this at all. It records individual images, uncompressed DNG files at 2.5K. Each image will have it's own file-size. There is no .MOV file with a bit-rate like you're talking about. If you wanted to estimate the mb/s resulting from playing back 24 uncompressed DNG's at 2.5K why not just do the math? You're asking questions that are related to codecs, this thing doesn't use any unless you're recording into the Avid format it supports or Prores. Otherwise it's straight individual DNG images.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understand it.

10. Collapse Details
    I didn't read this whole thread. I don't really care about 8-bit or 12-bit or mjpeg or bitrate. Past a certain point, it really doesn't matter. If you can't make good images with an 8-bit camera, then you certainly can't with a 12-bit camera either. Personally, I think the 1D-C is pretty cut and dry, and I've no doubt that the 1D-C will do what it does admirably well, and find it's own comfortable niche in professional 4K production. But that's just it - it's designed for productions that want/need high quality 4K in a sub-miniature form factor (and will work with gear and accessories on the market and in stock and that is set-tested and ready).

Honestly, there is probably <1% of dvxusers that fall in the category of needing a camera like that. Add to the fact that it's a DSLR and you have a camera out that many of us can't afford and don't need! So of course people are going to complain; they want Canon to make a camera for them (yes, in features - but especially price), not for a different market. Many people, myself included, have a hard time seeing past their own needs and desires.

We're an egotistical species; plus we're filmmakers, so that goes double.
    Cinematographer | Camera Op | Occasional Director
    Currently Shooting "Expedition Unknown" on Travel Channel
    IATSE Local 600

Twitter: @BrianCWeed

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast